“Quaint Mansion in the City” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mansion on Delaware Avenue

The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Buffalo
New York City, New York
“Quaint Mansion in the City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2009

I travel frequently to Buffalo for business so I called the mansion to inquire if they would match the rate of some of the more 'business type properties' and they said no problem. Room was nice and large with a comfy bed. The hotel staff was eager to please. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Happytravelinfamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2009

We loved our stay at the Mansion on Delaware. We stayed in 2 rooms- one for me & my husband, the other for my parents. The small details were appreciated to make our stay comfortable & special. I loved the shower- very relaxing. The bed was very inviting. The butlers were very helpful and friendly- from their recommendation of a restaurant to please my parents' palates, the complimentary ride to the restaurant so we didn't have to worry about driving & parking, and easy to follow directions to go to Niagara. The breakfast was very satisfying- a variety of tasty choices to satisfy everyone. The architecture & grounds were beautiful. It was a wonderful stay as our stopover to Niagara Falls.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank CaliforniaCouple
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2009

Saturday the 17th was my first visit to The Mansion on Delaware. It’s an understatement to say I loved it. It very well may have ruined any hotel visit in my future. A butler met me curbside, welcoming me and carrying in my luggage. You know the expression, “They had me at hello”? The Mansion, whose history was revealed to me by the aforementioned butler, was a single family home built in 1869 was restored into its present state in 2001. Beautiful woodwork, soaring ceilings and cozy fireplaces are married seamlessly to modern furnishings and amenities. My room, a grand, was large and comfy with a beautiful view down Delaware avenue towards downtown out of impressively large windows. I relaxed in my room, enjoying a deep, whirlpool bath complete with yummy spa toiletries, fluffy towels and an embroidered robe. While the butlers were available to make dinner recommendations and reservations, my dinner arrangements were prearranged by a local friend. I did, however take advantage of the cocktail hour (actually 2 hours). One of the butlers mixed a perfect cosmo for me while I watched a couple play pool and relaxed on a couch by a nice warm fire (perfect for a 5 degree evening). I understood that aside from the complimentary cocktail hour, the bar would remain until midnight or so, set up on the honor system. A nice touch. I accepted a ride in The Mansion’s Land Rover driven by yet another one of the butler staff. I don’t know if it was by design, but each butler I met was very attractive. Whether by design or coincidence, the result worked for me! My friend drove me “home” after dinner, though a butler would have been available to pick me up. I retired to my room, took yet another bath and enjoyed hundreds of TV channels. The bed was SO COMFORTABLE! Great pillows and luxurious sheets. I should have mentioned that when I returned to my room, the bed had been turned down, my ice bucket filled and there was bottled water and delicious cookies for a midnight snack. After a restful sleep and a steamy shower, powered by 3 shower heads, I headed down for the complimentary breakfast in the Billiard’s Salon. There was an assortment of pastries, breads, fruit, yogurt, cereal, rice pudding and a few savory items as well. It was a really beautiful spread. After breakfast and consulting with the Butler staff on where I should spend my afternoon shopping, I said goodbye to The Mansion. With all of the amenities and complimentary items, it was a great value and I loved how welcoming and homey it was. It really was like being a home away from home. A LUXURIOUS home away from home! I would highly recommend staying at The Mansion. The experience can’t be beat!

• Liked — the butler staff
  • Disliked — that I couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank NycLexi
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2009

The level of attention and service is exceptional; the accomodations eclectic and superb. The afternoon complimentary bar and the delicious European-style breakfast are marvelous. Even though I've only stayed here three times, once each year, the staff remember me and treat me like I'm a weekly guest. This property is an absolute delight and is a bargain. In a larger city, like Chicago or New York, this would be a $700+/night property.

Buffalo is an under-appreciated city. There is so much to do here with neighborhood festivals, sunsets at the lake front and the arts.

• Liked — The staff (butlers), high level of service, rooms, open bar and breakfast.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank MsPZ
Clearwater, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2008

The friendly staff at The Mansion made our stay delightful. The Butlers anticipate your needs and pamper you throughout your stay. Our room was spacious and clean. The whirlpool tub is fantastic after being out in the Buffalo cold all day. The hotel has no restaurant. The butlers take care of this by delivering food you may want from the many restaurants nearby. The hotel is very sophisticated. Free cocktails in a parlor each afternoon with music from the 30s and 40s playing. Personally I would prefer a plasma tv with sports and more up tempo music to set a more social tone but everyone has their own preferences. If you are looking for a relaxing experience with great service, this is your place. If you are looking for a higher energy stay, you may consider other choices.

• Liked — Exceptionally friendly and accomodating staff
  • Disliked — Music in the parlor lowered the energy level of the guests
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DrCro
Amherst, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2008

We have stayed at the Mansion previously and knew right away it was the perfect place for our wedding. Two years later, we made good on that promise. The Mansion, quite simply, is Western New York's premier hotel and facility for such an occasion. Bar none. It has no equal. Not only did we have an unbelievably perfect event (which is the point, right?), but wedding guest after wedding guest after wedding guest commented to us how it was the best wedding they had ever been to and the best food they ever had at a wedding. The staff was great- perfect, really. The owner personally checked in with us several times and they treated our friends and family just as well. It was the perfect choice for us and our wedding and we highly recommend anyone stay there / have an event there.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2008

When choosing a hotel in the city of Buffalo, there is the Mansion and then there are (how should I put this?) other choices. :) Back in March 2008, we stayed one night at this magnificent hotel through the "Pamper Your Palate" E-Special on the hotel's web-site. On the day we arrived, we called the hotel in advance to see if we could arrive a little early; and it was no problem. From the moment I parked the rental car in front of the hotel, there was someone to greet us and valet park the car. Another person, the Butler, also greeted us, took our bags, described the property, and showed us to our room. What a place! The hotel is a fabulous restored mansion dating back to the 19th century (just exquisite) and each of the guests rooms is unique. After settling into our room (the most basic), we went down to the parlor area for complimentary cocktails (very nice!), rested a little, and then received complimentary transportation to our selected restaurant, Hutch's (excellent!). We rode in a Land Rover, and our driver, Marty, was terrific. He even asked us if there was anything special we wanted to see in the area. He'd be glad to take us there. After dinner, he returned to Hutch's and took us back to the hotel. Although our room was a little small, it was very cozy. The television was great, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was grand (especially the shower). I think the next time I visit the Mansion, I'll try one of the more deluxe rooms to compare. The next morning we enjoyed the fine European continental breakfast and headed off on our way. Awesome place!

• Liked — Outstanding in every way, but the service is "out of this world"
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple