“Excellent hotel choice”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Buffalo, New York
“Excellent hotel choice”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I were invited to a birthday party at the Buffalo Club in downtown Buffalo and decided to stay at a hotel for the evening. We had heard of the Mansion and decided to stay there the evening. Over the years we have traveled through much of Europe and the United States and stayed at many hotels and resorts. We have never experienced the level of service and personal attendance provided by the hotel personnel at all levels. Also, their cordial attitude and responsiveness was excellent. The rooms, although not comparable to suites in high priced hotels, were very clean, spacious, comfortable and well appointed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Elmvale
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The staff at the MODA were top notch from the private butler greeting me outside at my car to the dinner order that was placed and delivered to my room. The building is beautiful but in all honesty the room was a little less than spectacular despite being told I was provided with a free "upgrade" I found it pretty basic with a bed, a t.v. an arm chair and a desk. I asked what the upgrade actually was and was told it was room size and the arm chair. It was an arm chair-it was not upholstered in gold!
The bad was the comfort of the beds. The matresses were either very old or inexpensive. They lacked support.The good- having a selection of pillows to choose from.
The ugly was the fact that each room has a self contained heating/cooling unit that was like sleeping next to a freeway all night. This unit roared all night long and this seriously affected my sleep.I did call down to report this and was told to adjust the settings which made the unit
cut in and out throughout the night which made things worse as when it clunked on it woke me up. The couple I ate breakfast beside expereinced a similar night's sleep despite their unit being housed in the bathroon as opposed to right across from the bed!. When I mentioned this in the morning I was offered a meager room credit that basically said "too bad about your restless night!"
The complimentary breakfast was very nice, croissants were delicious and once again the service staff were very hospitable.
Would I give the MODA another try? I think so, but I would request a room that had the heating unit in the bathroom in hopes that with the door closed the noise would be significantly reduced.

Room Tip: If you need quiet to sleep this may not be the place for you
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Tammy T
east amherst
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I couldn't think of a better way to spend a local weekend, Upon entering the classically decorated lobby I know that we made the right choice. The staff was equally charming and extremely competant-even able to obtain dinner reservations that I couldn't secure on my own.The rooms are spacious and well appointed-the shower/spa tub was an especially nice amenity. We also appreciated the convenience of being driven to and from dinner after enjoying the complementary Happy (2) Hour. We'll definately be staying there again-soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I visited Buffalo 3 months ago. I made a reservation at Mansion and I just did the best.
Very clean, great staff and a sense of luxury everywhere. I will return at my next visit to the area. I loved Buffalo and The Mansion on Delaware Avenue.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brittanykel
Deer Park WI
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our stay at the mansion far and above surpassed all our expectations. When we travel for pleasure we avoid standard hotel /motel stays, and search to find unique properties with character.We have enjoyed many nice places, but nothing that was as enjoyable as the mansion. The mansion itself is beautiful, The staff attended to our every need with great care. It was truly a perfect stay,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vicki G
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

It's a charming place, contemporary innards with an historical exterior. Quirky, fun, accomodating, easy. The owner greeted me and moved my car for me when I parked in the wrong lot next door. He carried my bag upstairs and was very friendly. Nice wine happy hour with good wines. Great breakfast. Just lovely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Freimie
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2012

An inn of this calaber would cost much more in most locations in North American. The mansion is a stunning 19th century premises lovingly restored. It has little elecletic artistic touches throughout the common areas and rooms which are well appointed. The staff is focused on service and do a wonderful job of making sure your needs are met. The buffet European style breakfast is excellent. The happy hour from 5 to 7 pm is a nice touch too. Overall, we have greatly enjoyed our two stays at the Mansion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends