“Sadly Ulrich's has closed.”

Ulrich's Restaurant
Ranked #392 of 1,044 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American, German
New York City, New York
“Sadly Ulrich's has closed.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Drove past Ulrich's this past weekend with an old friend from Buffalo. I had met the family that owned and operated this restaurant years ago at Waldfest and enjoyed the restaurant. It had one of those old school family feels you know when you walk in you're going to have a fun time and good food.

Visited October 2013

New City NY
“Great German food and bear”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had lunch - great liverwurst, potato salad, cabbage. Excellent German beers on tap. Atmosphere is nice and old. The waitresses were great, gave us a lot of other places to try in town. All together a nice experience.

• Visited March 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome German food.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had the most tremendously good platter of sausages at Ulrich's. The smoked Polish in particular was out of this world. And I was particularly impressed with the selection-- the waitress rattled off maybe as many as 10 sausages that I could choose from! Wish I could go back now for another, but I only had the weekend. Otherwise, Ulrich's is a great spot with friendly people and a comfortable vibe-- just like so many great places in Buffalo!

• Visited January 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I inten on becoming a "regular."”
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I was traveling through Buffalo on Business when I stumbled upon this gem. The restaurant has an interesting history- feel free to Google it before you head in.

The atmosphere was pleasant and the server, Brittney, was attentive, efficient, and friendly.

I highly recommend the Schnitzel, it was out of this world! I'll be back...

1 Thank ChachaXIV
Buffalo, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rib Eye Sandwich”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have been a lifelong Buffalo resident and had never been to Ulrich's. Since I am a Catholic, and Ulrich’s is notorious for their fish, we went for fish twice during Lent this year. When we went for the fish fry, one of the non-Catholics in my party ordered the rib eye sandwich. Three of us who were there remarked on how good the rib eye looked and how we would have to go back when Lent was over to try it out. Unfortunately, we went back this past Friday when the rib eye sandwich was a “special” for the night. Two people in my party ordered the rib eye sandwich. I can’t begin go tell you how disappointed we both were with the sandwich. After thinking about it for weeks we were looking forward to an outstanding sandwich. Much to our dismay, EACH AND EVERY BITE OF BOTH SANDWICHES were nothing but fat and grizzle. The toppings for the sandwich (spinach (cold) , blue cheese (tasted artificial) and diced chunks of sweet potatoes (cold and tasteless)) were also very disappointing. To me and my friend, the rib eye we got didn’t even LOOK the same as the sandwich our friend had. Very disappointing.

• Visited April 2012