“Historically Delicious”

Ulrich's Restaurant
Ranked #408 of 1,060 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American, German
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Ulrich's has never disappointed me. I ate there just tonite and had a mixed plate of German Food. It was awesome. It's got a great selection of beers to wash down the food always to. Love the fact they have a count down clock to St. Patricks day because this is where I had my corn beef last year to. It's a great historical restaurant in down town Buffalo that should be given more credit then a place like the anchor bar. The food is always great and the service even better

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Great German food inside an Irish bar! The bar itself is beautiful. The food was fanastic and the beer was good. I was in Buffalo for 5 days for the bar exam and made time for Ulrichs twice during my stay. I sat at the bar both times as I was travelling alone, and the staff were very welcoming, as were the locals. I had dropped in for lunch the day before the exam and had been encouraged to come back when it was all over for a whisky, which I did ! Highly recommended.

1  Thank Laura60811
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Excellent german restaurant with great food and service. Great characters tending bar with great knowledge of the drinks they serve.

Reviewed April 26, 2009

This place is unique because it's the oldest operating pub in Buffalo and serves German food. German food is a little heavy for me, but I think it's a treat on a cold winter night. What I truly, absolutely love about Ulrich's is that they serve a real good Heifeweisen... golden, translucent, bubbly, and soo rich and smooth. The fact I never drink beer, but will sip a whole 0.5L glass of their Heifeweisen should say a lot about how good it is. This is why I'm always glad to come back.

2  Thank Ana H
Reviewed April 15, 2009

I'm a history buff so naturally gravitate to the older venues. Ulrich's is a valuable piece of history for the City of Buffalo. It was around when the city was the grand industrial giant and thriving center of commerce and trade before its decline in the ;last half of the 20th Century. Ulrich's today carries forth that great tradition; you can have a great 'beef on weck' , chasing it down with a Buffalo Brewing '1st Ward Red' and then close your eyes and imagine you just finished the 1st shift at Republic, Trico or Harrison Radiator. The current owners are very kind and effcient folk and they make you feel at home. There's lots of great locals there, too who'll talk your ear of about the town, the Sabres, the Bills, etc.

2  Thank Suds T