“an angel sent me here”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Long story short, my husband and I were broke down on the highway just south of buffalo NY, an angel from Hamburg came to our rescue. She went above and beyond helping us to safety and fixing our truck. She refused any money. When I asked her where we could still grab a bite in town she directed us to Shannon's... Said her daughter worked there and they had great food. So starving after 13 hours in the truck we went. The place is quite cozy, I do have a thing for Irish pubs and Guinness.... So lamb stew and 2 pints later I was very calm and content..happy...this is not so much a food review as a monumental thank you to Denise...you know who you are..she saved our trip and our lives tonight...God bless you. You have made me a life long patron of all things Buffalo, Shannon's and New York!

There are newer reviews for Shannon Pub

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have enjoyed the food, beer and atmosphere at the two previous locations. There has always been a tremendous selection of tap beer including several from Europe including Ireland. The barkeeps are skilled at mixed cocktails as well. The menu changed a few weeks ago and is an improvement in the Pub's offerings. My mid-sized Prime Rib was perfectly prepared to my requested doneness with fresh green beans and red spring potatoes served on a side plate. Tender and tasteful. 1/2 the price of foo foo eateries.

There was Irish music tho it was Wed as opposed to a week end night.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I found this place on the internet after searching for Irish pubs while on business. I drove approx. 15 minutes from Cheektowaga and this was well worth the drive. Real wood fireplace, cozy atmosphere and terrific food! Potato chowder was excellent, shepard's pie was terrific and the draft beer selection certainly met my expectations.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this pub since we were in the area. The menu looked good and the food tasted even better than described! My hamburger was so big I could barely eat half. The sides are delicious and the food obviously homemade. I will be back when in Buffalo again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a quiet, friendly neighborhood pub that doesn't seem to draw the crowds it deserves! They do draw an excellent pint of Guinness, along with other fine selections on tap and a full bar of anything else to quench your thirst. They have a standard menu of good Buffalo bar food. I especially like the chicken fingers, fries and wings, but there is plenty more to choose from, including some standard Irish fare. The only food I've ordered here that wasn't good was the cheese and cracker platter we tired once when we just wanted a nibble with drinks upon an evening - it was like cheese whiz and dog biscuits! Come on, Shannon! You can do much better than that! Whatever...we don't go for the food....there are better places to eat in WNY. We go for the good Irish music (especially Bill Craig whenever he's in town) and we go for the beer. I always wonder why the place isn't more crowded on a Saturday night. There is also patio seating in nice weather (but you can't hear the live music out there) and a separate dining room and the place seems fine for families earlier in th evening. I think the music on weekends starts at 8:30, which is great for those who are no longer young!