“Good Food Lousy Waitress”

Mulberry Italian Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 1,044 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Buffalo, NY
“Good Food Lousy Waitress”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Been here a few times in past, food still very good and plentiful. The lighting is refreshingly brighter than the first time we were here, and there was a active bar. We celebrated my moms 88th and there were 4 couples present. The lasagna of my wifes was delicious, my spaghetti Bolognese also good. The waitress made this dinner unforgettable, unfortunately. An older 50ish with glasses and an attitude. Who says "there you go" when delivering the bill for the dinner? My sister needs a glutten free meal, and when it was suggested the waitress start with her in taking orders, said "I start here" and would not change her act. When my sister did ask about gluten free, she was told by this waitress to pick 3 items from the menu and she would explain them. How about just telling her what IS available? Unfortunately no one at our table had anything good to say about this service. Though one of our party suggested a shiny penny as a tip, we gave 15% (we usually tip 20) which was more for the food than the service.

3 Thank alcarp

Buffalo, New York
“yummy”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Delicious food. The lasagna is to die for. A great hidden restaurant that you would never 'stumble' upon, all word of mouth yet always busy.

Worthington, Ohio
“Average Food, Long Wait”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We showed up at 6PM on a Sunday evening, and the place was already crowded. We had about a half hour wait, and then the service was somewhat slow. Food was a large portion but just satisfactory taste. Nothing really wrong here, but not something to go out of the way for.

Visited July 2014
ontario
“dissapointed”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have been going to this restaurant for special occassions with my girlfriends for the last 5 years, I went with my husband for our 20th Anniversary last week, and I could not believe the change in the portion size of the menu, what happened??? I order the same thing every time I am there the Scallops Amore, usually it comes in a big bowl filled and I always know that when ordering it, I will have lots to take home for the next day, wow what a surprise and dissapointment when i ordered this time, the dish was half the size and still $24.99, for that price i was expecting the same portion I always recieved, well I did not. it was so shocking to see the amount, what happened Mulbery's?? I have been singing your praises for years to everyone I know and I was soooooooooooooo dissapointed, then my husband ordered the lasagna and I was shocked again, It was so small of a portion I could not believe it, they are famous for there mile high Lasagna, it was just a regular Lasanga from any other restaurant................I do not know what has happened to this restaurant but what a shock.......not happy at all don't think I will be going back any time soon...........soooo dissapointed

4 Thank pettay
Los Angeles, California
“Neighborhood Gem!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Great Italian restaurant in a neighborhood setting. Literally, next to a bunch of houses. Everything we had was delicious. Lasagna, Caprese, Calamari, Linguini and on and on. The Tiramisu was very good.

It is a must stop if you are visiting Buffalo just for the uniqueness of the restaurant: location and quality of the food. The walls are lined with all the famous residents of Buffalo and all the famous who have visited!

I can only imagine the place being packed during the fall for Buffalo Bills home games!

A very comfortable place and I will be back if I am back in town!

Visited May 2014