“Nothing special.”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Nothing special.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went here with a group of people- 8. At first, they wouldn't allow us to have a drink before our reservation because they told us we had only a two hour time limit. We then had to say that we'd be spending a lot of money and would probably be staying longer than that. They gave us a hard time with that, too. After our drinks we sat down and ordered three bottles of wine right away. Two in the group are sommeliers, therefore we did have great wine and they did have a good selection. I had a veal chop, very good. Another said the lasagna was delicious. Also the osso bucco was mentioned being very good as well. Nothing else was memorable to me. The service was good. The ambiance was not very comfortable- bright lights, old fashioned italian, and squished seating. For the expensive prices, I thought it could have been fixed up better with a better dress code. Overall, I wouldn't go back with those prices and experience. I know of better italian.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Brienne H

“Italian Delight”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Charming spot in an off beat area, well worth finding and enjoying the ambiance! comfortable seating and have always been well cared for by the friendly waitstaff! Sit by the window in the second room for a sunny experience. The food is fresh...tasty sauce and wow a terrific meatball ..the best! And great selection and not expensive.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank jane k
“Excellent Italian”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Located off the beaten path in a residential neighborhood. Food is well prepared and delicious. Call ahead on a weekend unless you are going early. Excellent Italian food. Recommend the stuffed squash blossoms if still on the menu. They also have a daily lasagna that is the size of a dinner plate, so no lack of food here.

• Visited February 2014
“5 Napkins”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If I wound up on death row, the Five Napkin Cheese-steak Sandwich (lunch menu), is what I'd order for my last meal. The chewy bread, succulent meat, magical cheese sauce, and savory sauteed peppers and onions... this is food perfection. I've been to Mulberry's a dozen times, lunch and dinner, year round. The menu is constantly evolving, yet the experience is consistently excellent.

• Visited June 2013
“Lasagna”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I can't get enough of the lasagna there, it is seriously the best I have ever had in my life. Period.

• Visited November 2013