“Fabulous!”
Review of Raclettes - CLOSED

Raclettes
Description: Parisian Style Bistro serving causal French Food, Raclettes and Fondues. Full bar and extensive wine list, Beer/Wine/Liqueur flights . Outdoor Patio, Tues - Saturday Dinner & Sunday Brunch with Mimosa flights.
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I was in town for business and wandered into this restaurant. All the tables were full so I asked if I could sit at the bar. They immediately found a place for me at the bar for dinner and I ordered a blueberry French 75, and it was fantastic. It was freezing in Buffalo with snow blowing in my face when I walked in and the prompt service warmed me up quickly. I started with the Brie & honey baguette, simple and delicious. For dinner I had the salmon with a beurre blanc sauce. The skin was seared perfectly and was crispy while the salmon was fork tender. For dessert I had the Nutella crepe with a prosecco. If you are in town, go here tonight! I was so pleased to have such an incredible meal on business travel. Nick was the bartender and the service was excellent! If I was staying I would have gone back for dinner again the next night!

Date of visit: April 2018
Buffaloswife, Owner at Raclettes, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy that you joined us and it was lovely to speak with you. We wish you all of the best in your endeavors and hope that you visit Raclettes again whenever you find yourself in our great city!

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

The first time we had dinner at Raclettes I had Coq au Vin, which was very good, but I really wanted to try the raclette, which I had not had since years ago in Switzerland. It was excellent. I hope to go back soon.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

I really wanted to enjoy this place and was excited to try it. The ambiance is really nice and the band is great. However, the service is absolutely terrible. We were seated promptly and our order was taken about 20 mins later... then it began. After waiting another 30 mins for an appetizer, the frog legs that we ordered were quite bland. Then we waited another hour plus for our entrees to come out (I'm actually writing this review while waiting on our food to arrive). After checking in with the waiter who had not given us any update on our main courses, he advised that they should be ready, left and still hasn't returned. Currently, it's almost 9 pm, we were seated at 7:15 and still haven't been served our food. I really hope they get it together, turnover for restaurants in downtown buffalo is high and this place probably will not make it with this type of service. Hopefully, we'll get our food soon!

Update: After getting our food at 9:10, it was subpar and boring. My moms Coq Au Vin was dry and bland, sides were a throwaway and it came out lukewarm. My Caesar salad (yes it took over an hour for a salad) was also dry and the mussels w/ pommes frites - potatoes were soggy and the mussels were okay. Overall, I’m not sure if I’m more upset about the $78 that was spent on, overall, the worst dinner I’ve ever experienced or the two and a half hours of my life that I can’t get back.

Date of visit: March 2018
BuffaloTravellers, Owner at Raclettes, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

We are so sorry that you had what sounds like a terrible experience from the service to the food. We honestly take all feedback seriously. It seems we did not live up to our normal standards - we take great pride in the food and service. While we do take time with our service, we like the customer to eat at their pace, not try to turn the tables as many times as possible, there is no excuse for a complete lack of attention. Please email us at Information@RaclettesBuffalo,com, or via the contact page on our website as we would like to know what day this was and who your server was so we can address this.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wound up without our kids and decided to go downtown. We chose Raclettes for dinner. It did not disappoint. Wonderful atmosphere and service. We had the formage, each a French onion soup, beef bourguignon, and coq au vin. All with wine flights and were prepared wonderfully. Finished with the macaroons. Perfect, and all for - little over $100.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Different experience having raclettes ( grilled meats and cheeses with crepe) in a nice environment in downtown Bufallo. Good for families, groups or couples.

Date of visit: March 2018
Buffaloswife, Owner at Raclettes, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Glad you enjoyed your experience! We hope to see you again soon!