“They gotcha right where they wantcha!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Medora Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medora
Medora Campground
Ranked #4 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Medora
San Francisco
“They gotcha right where they wantcha!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Large campground for tent, rv and a few cabins. We reserved a tent area $20 which was a nice size.
The meaning of the title: their little store of supplies - you better be prepared to pay at least twice as much for products !!! ie... $2.50 for 7lb bag of ice !
They do have laundry on site :), their restrooms are clean and the showers are better than some campsites I've been to.

• Stayed July 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Virgin, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The place is pretty clean, rustic and our site roomy enough. We had an open field behind us which was nice! I would definitely suggest paying for the larger sites, the smaller ones looked pretty tight. Didn't use the public facilities or wifi which I didn't realize they had until we were leaving. Mature trees and gravel sites and roads.

2 Thank KathyL1956
indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a campground... not a resort. Yes the roads are gavel and gravel makes dust. In my experience this is not uncommon. No there is no cable TV and I don't have a satellite so the trees to me are not an issue. Not having TV does not bother me... if it bothers you then make note.

I appreciate the nice trees which give shade in the summer heat. This conflicts with the need of others to have satellite TV free of tree interference.

Near the river and some small bluffs. Relatively quite.

The staff was accommodating and nice to us. The lady in the office was very nice. The younger workers may not have the experience to deal with all the needs of the general public, but when I talked to them they were polite and accommodating.

This site is owned by "The Foundation" which literally owns half of Medora. This is a non-profit organization and I'm guessing that the foundation sees employment of these younger folks as a worthy goal. I noticed a group picking up trash.

The "knock" i do have on this campground and MANY others is that they claim to have internet and it is "iffy" to get on and stay on. At this campground you can get on and stay on in the middle of the day when all of the campers are in transition, that is to say, the campers from last night have left and the next group of campers have yet to arrive. When this campground is full you can not get onto the internet. This is not uncommon, BUT campgrounds should not advertise "free internet" if they do not have access to that service.

We have been "on the road" to Alaska and heading back home. We've been on the road since late May... so we have seen a lot of campgrounds this summer.

Not perfect, put a pretty nice campground.

Duluth, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the time we stepped into the office to check in there were campers upset with how this campground takes reservations. Even though there were empty sites they would not work with anyone in accomadating groups. Also they pack you in so don't expect space between campers. Our kids took the dog for a walk and of course the dog went to the bathroom and of course our kids didn't tell us. After being scolded by the camp staff I immediatly cleaned up after my dog only to have that staff member come back to the site to scold me again and more or less call me a liar saying that I didn't clean it up.....which I did. Staff as a whole was not very friendly and it felt like the campers were more a nuisance to them. Almost like I hate that all you people come here on the 4th. Overall we made the best of it but this campsite relies on it's location not on nice sites and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Josh M
Casselton, ND
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We are on a 6-week trip from PA to Yellowstone and back and traveling with another couple, each in our own motorhomes. Theodore National Park was on our list of 'must sees, and this is one of only 2 campgrounds near the park so we made reservations to stay 2 nights. There is no cable service, no local TV channels for antennae and our satellite could only pick up about 4 stations because of the large trees. Our friends went back to the office to request moving to a more open site without trees and were told 'no'. Not even a hint of trying to accommodate even though there were open sites available. Roads through the park were dusty and sewer connection was tricky. Not well maintained and very junky in the permanent site area in the park.

2 Thank Helen H
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

This park is poorly maintained, potholes in road all the way in very bad on the out drive. It rained before we arrived so roads and sites were muddy stone is scarce in sites, which are narrow and road so tight you can't pull in with a 38' 5th wheel with out sinking in mud. No paths between rows for bathroom access so you have to walk a long way around or cut a campsite, which we don't like to do. Convenient to all attractions and getting tickets, however the meal before the show is an overpriced average buffet. Show was a diappointment compared to 28 yrs ago, however still enjoyable. Trail ride in Park was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: If your a senior with grandkids along,don't stay here unless it hasn't rained. pool may or m...