“Two good meals!”

Theodore's Dining Room
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Medora
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Theodore's Dining Room at the Rough Riders Hotel, also attached to the dining room and hotel is TRs Tavern
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Enjoyed our dinner at Theodore's but the breakfast was especially good! Interesting choices and I loved the servers, which are from all over the world.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We ate dinner and breakfast here. Loved it! I liked the fact that the servers come from all over the world on a working visa. We get to learn about where they are from. Our dinner was excellent! The best prime rib we have ever had! I highly recomment this restaurant.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had the opportunity to have lunch at the Rough Rider Hotel. Our companions had the Buffalo Pastrami sandwich, while we enjoyed the excellent grilled chicken sandwich. The surroundings in the hotel and dining room are wonderful.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Interesting historic hotel & restaurant. We were brought some bread. I questioned what it was & was advised that it was Cranberry bread. I advised the waiter that Cranberries were very dangerous when somebody is on Warfarin as my husband is. I asked for another sort of bread & was advised - not available. i noticed that with the Lobster bisque soup - which was excellent - there was bread in that that was not cranberry & when I asked what it was I was told it was baguette. I do not know why we could not have had that instead.My husband asked for rice instead of potatoes & told that was not available either.
I had a large Bourbon pork chop with grilled asparagus & that was very delicious & the chop extremely tender. My husband had the prime Rib with broccoli dish - & he said it was very good too. The waiter never came back during the meal to see how we were or if we needed anything. Only when he came to remove the plates did he ask if the meal was OK.
We spoke to the manager & advised of the bread situation & she said she had no idea . i suggested that maybe all servers should advise their clientele about what was int he bread & serve an alternative if unable to eat cranberries.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Menu varies, but everything we've tried was superb. Food is on a par with fine-dining in big cities.