“Road you must travel”

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Road you must travel”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Its alot of fun driving thru the park and coming across the buffalo standing in the middle of the road!!

Bismarck, North Dakota
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Great drive!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

$10 bucks gets your car load in. 32 mile loop through some great scenery. You have a chance to see wild horses and buffalo. Great hiking spots, some as short as a 1/3 of a mile.

Marquette
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great scenery, wild life (prairie dogs to wild horses, elk and bison), and terrific staff. Bring your camera!

Visited June 2012
Wenatchee, Washington
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Fine park to visit if you're in the area”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were driving through North Dakota on Interstate 94 and stopped to see Theodore Roosevelt's national park. Of the national parks I have visited, I would put this on the bottom of the list. It does not have the wow factor of other national parks. I do not recommend anyone make a lengthy trip out to North Dakota just to see TRNP.

2 Thank Harriet58
Modesto, California
252 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 540 helpful votes
“Wonderful Park!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Visited here last month while touring through North Dakota and staying in Medora for several days. I was looking forward to seeing this park for several reasons. I enjoy seeing all the National Parks/National Monuments/National Historic Sites when I travel. I also like to see badland scenery and wildlife. Finally, I was excited to see the area where Teddy Roosevelt lived, hunted and ranched. My husband and I drove the 36 mile loop road through the park three different times, late afternoon/evening and enjoyed it very much. We always saw wildlife and the shadows from the setting sun really set off the badland scenery. We also walked one of the nature trails. I loved seeing the bison and I actually felt a little emotional seeing them at first and realizing how when Teddy Roosevelt was here in the late 1800's, the bison had been almost killed off, with few to be found. But here as elsewhere, they are now protected and there is a good sized herd at the park. The bison do not seem to be scared of cars as they hang around near or cross the road and did not run off when we stopped to look at them. I especially liked seeing the calves and watching them frolic and run around. The wild horses were a real treat and we were able to see a number of them as well. Lots of foals and the horses were just beautiful. We saw a few deer, but I was surprised that we only saw two antelope and no elk during our three drives. I would recommend stopping at the picnic area as it is a shady and pleasant place to take a break. We came here a few times to watch for birds as I am a birding fanatic and there were a number flitting around the trees here. The visitor center is also very nice and I loved seeing Teddy Roosevelt's cabin out back. The inside of the cabin can only be viewed with a tour from the park ranger. Does not take long to see this furnished and adorable residence. One of the great things about this park when we were here was the solitude and lack of visitors. Most of the time we saw few or no visitors. The park is right next to Medora, so if you are staying in the town, there is very easy access. We only visited the south unit because much of the north unit was closed due to road issues while we were there. Don't miss this wonderful park. You will see beautiful badland country and wildlife!

Visited June 2012