“Nice Mom & Pop Restaurant”

Little Missouri Dining Room & Saloon
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Medora
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Family restaurant featuring areas largest selection of beef, buffalo and elk steak. Burgers, sandwiches, seafood and homemade pizza. Dine in our formal restaurant or in the historic saloon. Historic saloon features 1800's decor, authentic seating with many photo opportunities. Full bar service with tap and bottle beer. Entire dining menu available at saloon.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stopped at the Little Missouri after a Sunday morning of exploring the Theodore Roosevelt National Park South Unit. The restaurant is located on the 2nd floor above the saloon and has a nice view. We were there during off-season and the restaurant was not at all busy. Our waitress was very pleasant and we enjoyed very good sandwiches. Elk and Bison burgers were available on the menu. My son enjoyed a very large Bison burger while my wife enjoyed a large salad and I enjoyed a Chicken Breast sandwich. Portions were generous and were very good. No complaints at all.

2  Thank Boilermaker_91

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Little Mo Dining Room is upstairs above the Saloon in Medora. It has charm and good food.

It is a place where you can kick back and relax and enjoy a good burger or streak. The hash browns are a favorite of ours. This year we had buffalo burgers, which were very good.

You may see local ranchers or business people at the Little Mo, and feel at home, even if you are not wearing your Sunday best.

1  Thank SAF20132013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

When or if you go to the Little Missouri watch out for the fast talking blonde waitress in flip flops.I'm a math whiz ,but by the time she got done fast talking me out of $7 bucks extra on the bill I'd had enough! Too bad she wasn't smart enough to figure out the tip would have been larger than the $7 bucks she f- me out of! Good luck LM in staying in business. Doug L

6  Thank douglas l
motel23, Owner at Little Missouri Dining Room & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Douglas- This may sound strange but thank you for bringing the "Cheating Waitress" to my attention. In addition to my sincere apology, I wanted to inform you that after reading your review I was able to verify your claim and terminated this individual soon after she started. Thanks again for your review which assisted me to eliminate an undesirable employee. I can assure you that my current staff will exceed your expectations. Please give us another try, I am confident it will be a more positive experience.

Jim Bridger- Owner

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The staff had trouble understanding English. The food was poor and over priced. The beer bottles served were dirty un hygienic and mould on the bottom, all over priced, will not go again, very poor, no wonder it was empty when everywhere else was full, should have known better.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I'm from NY and used to getting any type or nationality of food I crave. Being out west for 2 weeks is a shock to my taste buds because everything is BBQ or Mexican influenced. Not my thing. That being said, there were 8 in our party and everyone was able to find something they liked. The food was good. Staff was friendly.