“Only place in town for a great Cowboy Breakfast”
Review of Cowboy Cafe

Cowboy Cafe
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Medora
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Only place in town for a great Cowboy Breakfast”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Be prepared for a small town atmosphere of a local restaurant. If you have not experienced such a thing just wait for a table and enjoy the conversations. Food is very traditional ND options. Breakfast is always busy but staff is always friendly and tries to keep people happy and taken care of. No credit cards here so bring cash. My recommendation is the caramel roll and a side of bacon. If you do not like your bacon well done let them know when you order, or it will come back super crispy.

• Visited August 2013

Brainerd
“Average Cute Cafw”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Its an older place, very very small. There's a line for breakfast (due to the small size). Friendly, helpful staff, average food. However they do offer a wonderful LOW CARB breakfast.

Visited August 2013
Alexandria,Minnesota
“Great food with a cowboy flare”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had lunch here and the food was excellent! I had the Reuben and I must say it was the best one I ever had. Now, that's a lot coming from a former New Yorker!

Visited August 2013
Killdeer, North Dakota
“cowboy fell off his horse!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We arrived at 11:32 AM MDT, waitress seated my wife & myself, took our drink order brought it back within 5 min. Later I had to walk up and ask her if she would take our order. She did but at 12:25 we still had not received it. Nearly an hour, so we started to say you know there have been over four tables that came much later then us but already had their food. We had long finished our sodas and just sat there. I don't like to have to confront anyone about service in a restaurant
although I did go up and asked if she forgot our order. She said no let me check on it. She came back and said it would be a few minutes. I said hey just let me pay for drinks and we are going to go. The Owner then said not so fast, you're paying for you meal whether you take or not. Why would I do that we waited now over an hour and you want me to pay for a meal I longer can eat. We had promised friends we would meet them at noon now it was 12:32. I did end up having to pay for a meal that we did eat or get over $25.00. We have heard from several other the service and food is always poor. In fact the people we were meeting didn't want to eat there. STAY Away form there.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank dick w
Waleska, Georgia
“Crowded but tasty”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had breakfast and were pleased with the quality and quantity. The place is small and tables were crowded close together. We were nearly in the kitchen, but would go back because the eggs, bacon, potatoes, and toast, coffee were good. Convenient location, parking.

Visited September 2012

Been to Cowboy Cafe? Share your experiences!