“Very Nice Hotel”
Review of Rough Riders Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Medora
Rough Riders Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Medora
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We spent a night in the off season and had a great time. The hotels is wonderful. The rate was 1/2 the price of what is charged in the summer. Not allot open in the winter but a few shops and 3 places to eat. Be sure to stay here next time you are in Medora ND.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Snootzey

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a giftcard as we had to cancel a trip that was planned over the summer. We were doing a road trip and figured we should use it since we may not be in ND again. The hotel was very nice. Beautiful with lots of historical items and I enjoyed how they have a book about Theodore Roosevelt in the rooms (you can purchase them, but it was nice to be able to browse through it in your room). Only downside to the rooms was that there was no bathtub and it was January so a hot bath would have been nice. Medora is a cute town that we would like to visit again, but it's most definitely a summer location. There were very few restaurants or shops open this time of year. Breakfast at the hotel was good. They had hot items such as eggs and bacon and also the usual fruit, yogurt and breads.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaboLivin
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really hope to come back to this hotel during the summertime when it's during a busier season...

I came here for a work holiday party last weekend. The hotel was paid for, so I can't say many bad things about the stay.

The hotel, on the inside and outside, looks very nice. So nice, rustic, western, old-fashioned (like old-looking, but nice). I love all the history tidbits scattered throughout the hotel, the library, the town itself is beautiful even during the off-season.
I guess when I arrived at our hotel room I was hoping for something...I dunno. It seemed a little lacking. Like the rest of the hotel had this gorgeous rustic-looking feel about it. Then you get to the room, and it's just....meh. And no bathtub, only a shower? Not cool in my book. Especially on a cold winter night, and no hot tub? I was really wanting to be over at the American Inn that night.
I'm sure these amenities don't matter in the hot summer, when business is really going. This is why I'd like to come back here and stay during the summer, rather than the offseason.
I'm sure this explains why there was very little breakfast. We had a "continental" breakfast. Want to know what that consists of here, in Medora, at a nice expensive hotel? Coffee, juice, muffins, and fruit. I don't care whether it's January or July, you do NOT do that to your guests at a nice hotel like this.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katens27
Reviewed November 30, 2013

It's a lovely, rustic-style hotel with a library and restaurant in the lobby.

I stayed in the room where Teddy Roosevelt stayed, which was lovely with a good bed (a little soft for me), good towels and toiletries in the nice bathroom.

Medora is a sweet, old fashioned, very small town. Everything in town is in walking distance.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ThePackedBag
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were given a gift card for Medora for a wedding present. We stayed in this hotel. The room was absolutely wonderful. The most comfortable bed. Excellent service. Great restaurant. Charming atmosphere.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The rooms are sealed units - you cannot open the windows. Air is continually blown into the room and you must trust that their equipment is thoroughly maintained. The noise of the air conditioner is constant, intrusive and never stops - it only gets louder periodically to heat or cool the room. The restaurant looked so inviting we were so looking forward to eating there. The manager brought the main course before we had finished our salads - the main course was greasy and uneatable - we were to stay 2 nights - we cancelled the second night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Betty N
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It's spendy! Min $100 a night pretty much, it's a beautiful hotel, modern, loved the room. Too bad the staff is rude! I was awoken in early am by knocks of house keeping, i was a late Ck in so was upset to be woken up, yelled still sleeping. They went away, then not 10mins later again housekeeping knocking waking me up! Was mad. Finally when I did leave the room I told housekeeping I was upset, she said I should have put do not disturb sign out, guess what! I didn't have one, my room didn't have one so I got a fake sorry and oh we'll..

Checked out, older guy asked how my stay was, said ok till this am when I was awoken by housekeeping. I was a bit peeved. He said oh we'll sorry hope your day gets better. That was it.

No I'll be sure to make sure all rooms have a do not disturbed or any real apology.

I stay in hotels to get a good night sleep, not to be awoken by housekeeping.

Disapointed in the staff!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jlbtrails

Been to Rough Riders Hotel? Share your experiences!