“Went in hungry...left disappointed and unsatisfied.”
Review of Boots Bar & Grill

Boots Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Medora
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Boots Bar & Grill was formerly the Iron Horse Saloon. New owners have taken over and were not allowed the former name, which I feel is actually to their advantage. We have eaten there three different times while passing through North Dakota and would like to leave a review under the new name of "Boots Bar & Grill". It looks like they have expanded. It is a western themed saloon with a large screened in porch as you first walk in, saloon has several large tables made from huge tree slabs, there is a spiral stairway that leads to a large loft for serving 30-45 with an open terrace on top that also has several tables outside.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I stopped at this restraunt last year and it was amazing. This time we both ordered the 12oz Ribeye one med one med rare ($27 each). Tater skins as an appetizer ($8) waited a half hour for our over cooked appetizer. Watched a waiter get in an upset customers' face while we waited almost 45 minutes longer to get our food. My husbands' ribeye was half fat. Mine was spongey, "seasoned veggies" were very under seasoned if seasoned at all...same goes for the steaks. Baked potatoes were not even warm enough to melt the butter. I sent my potato back to be microwaved and it came back about the same temp as before. Our waitress was amazing and did what she could to make it right and gave us a great discount, but it doesn't satisfy our hunger when food is cold and steaks are half fat especially at $27. If a wait time is going to be a while, I would suggest having complimentary chips and salsa brought out to the tables, if hungry customers have something to munch on while they wait, it may make for a more positive experience.

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to like Boots but they screwed up my order two different ways and didn't do anything about it but blame the kitchen. My steak was still good and I liked the stout from the local brewery. My husband had the IPA and liked it and his walleye platter was delicious. We still left a good tip, went back the next night (not many places to eat in Medora) and we sat for 15 min and no one came to even take a drink order. We left and found the Badlands Pizza and Saloon and had a great experience there :-)

1  Thank ehousel
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Boots serves decent bar food in a cozy atmosphere with warm, friendly staff. The steak salad with blue cheese was delicious and reasonably priced. My spouse enjoyed the walleye basket. The fish was tender with a crispy crust. The menu features several cuts of steak but the prices were very high. I'm from South Dakota where steakhouses serve high end cuts for half the price.

Overall, I'd recommend Boots Bar for an informal dinner with friends or family. It's not gourmet but it's okay.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great little bar, good service and atmosphere. Place is also open till 10 PM. Not fine dining but had a surprisingly good selection of wines.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stopped by boots for dinner one night on our camping trip when it was raining. The food was just okay, nothing too special. The table next to us ordered a pizza that looked phenomenal, we are going to have to try that next time. The server was sweet, very open about how ready she was to head home for the night. After we finished our food we moved out into the bar to watch the live band and share a few drinks. The band was super and they got everyone excited to dance around even with a storm raging outside.

Been to Boots Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!