First I will address the train issue. Others have complained that this hotel is too close to a train track. While that is true, this ENTIRE town is close to a train track. The town is only 1 block long. So, no matter where you stay here, you are going to hear the train. The train did not bother me one bit. It came by a couple times at night, but, again, was no bother at all. If you don't want to hear a train, don't come to Medora - because the train is here to stay. The hotel clerk said it doesn't run as much during the summer months, but I don't know about that.
Now, about the hotel. It is perfect. It is not the Ritz, but there isn't a Ritz within 500 miles!! My room was a double and was very big, with a desk, 2 chairs, nice TV and a little closet for your clothes. Comfy bed with very clean sheets. Couldn't ask for more. The bathroom is small, but clean and is fine; sink outside the toilet/tub. The other hotels in the area seem that they would be "rustic", but this hotel really has the feel of maybe a Fairfield Inn or Hampton. There's a good breakfast in the morning and great housekeeping staff. There is also a community washer and dryer to do your laundry. I have no complaints at all.
The best part is convenience to Theordore Roosevelt National Park - about a block away. But all the hotels/motels are close to the park because the place is so small.
If you are a person with any kind of disability that would prevent you from climbing stairs, be sure to ask for a bottom floor room. There is no elevator at all in the hotel.
If I HAD to have a complaint, it would be the wi-fi. A little weak, but it mostly worked fine. They have a computer in the lobby to use if the wi-fi isn't working, so, that wasn't even really an issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the AmericInn Hotel & Suites Medora, North Dakota the ideal location for your next stay, whether you're traveling for business, pleasure, or enjoying our brand new Badlands Conference Center. We are proud to provide the amenities you want most and deliver them at the highest level possible starting with comfortable, quieter guestrooms. Our Medora hotel offers a variety of room types including suites with whirlpools. Wake up each morning to our free, hot, home-style AmericInn Perk breakfast and stay connected with free, hotel-wide, high-speed internet. Guests also enjoy our inviting, indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. We are conveniently located within walking distance of historic downtown Medora. Located at the gateway to the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, let the Medora AmericInn be your host during your western shopping adventures or while you observe firsthand the untouched habitat of buffalo, wild horses, elk, deer and prairie dogs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Medora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Motel And Suites Medora
- Americinn Motel & Suites Medora Hotel Medora
- Americinn Hotel Medora
- Americinn Motel Medora