“Eagle Ridge Lodge is the best of the best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eagle Ridge Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medora
Eagle Ridge Lodge
Ranked #5 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Medora
Ohio
“Eagle Ridge Lodge is the best of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Eagle Ridge Lodge ranks at the very top when it comes to bed & breakfast accommodations.
The view from the top of the ridge is outstanding, the lodge is exceptionably clean and beautifully furnished, the food is delicious, and most of all Joann & Paul are the perfect hosts. I have stayed in many B&B's and Eagle Ridge is at the top of my list and will recommend it to anyone seeking accommodations in North Dakota's Badlands.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank noladyohio

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hillsboro, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Though off the beaten path-and especially because it's off the beaten path-this is a special place. Clean and quiet. Good food. Close to the park. It is a bit weird to have all the signs about keeping food and drink only in the dining area, but there were no bugs in our room, so it must be working. Highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dougandbrenda
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed with my mom and my 10 year old daughter in this lodge and the experience was fantastic. The lodge was clean, beautifully decorated and our room was wonderful. The view is spectacular and a photographers dream. Paul and Joann were warm and friendly hosts offering advice and tips about local areas of interest (and there are some great places off the beaten path) and day trips. They went the extra mile in every way and Paul even came to our room to tell us he would wake us up and direct us to a safe room in the basement if the severe weather that was forecast became a real threat. We felt totally at home and really enjoyed our time visiting with the other guests. Even though the room was pricier than the local hotel, by the time the 3 of us ate the huge and delicious breakfast and dinner each day (included in the price of lodging) it turned out to be fairly reasonable. We were given clear directions by Paul when we made our reservation and even tho my mom and I are considered directionally 'challenged' we found the lodge with no trouble. The wi fi signal was great and I was able to do my online schoolwork when I needed. My daughter was not the least bit bored without any gadgets or TV and we went for lovely walks each evening after dinner. The other guests added immensely to the experience. People lingered long after meals in the dining room or on the deck talking and visiting over a glass of wine soaking in the view and camaraderie that was felt by all. It really doesnt get much better than that.

1 Thank cdmoore1960
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

I book retreats at Eagle Ridge Lodge every year. This is an exceptional place for businesses looking to host an executive type of retreat. This is also a great location for family reunions or events of that nature. During the winter months the lodge is booked months out for retreats for many purposes. During the summer months, this is a great place if you are looking to take in the Medora Musical, go hiking or for a place to just be with your family.

The lodge can comfortably sleep 23 in the seven rooms available. Meals are determined by the owner but are fresh, home cooked and wonderful - no one ever walks away hungry. The location is very private, peaceful and the view is breathtaking. Its best advised getting there during daylight on your first time as it can be hard to find if your not familiar with the area. Cleanliness is never an issue as they work diligently to ensure everything is clean.

Paul, the owner has personally made the staircase and most of the beds and the woodwork is beautiful! Joanne is also an avid quilter and many of her items are on display throughout the lodge as well.

Although well behaved children are welcome, as I have brought mine there too, I would probably encourage caution as the Lodge is finely decorated and there are no tv's, computers, pool or things kids are used to having. I loved taking my children there to experience the simple things in life - time together, nature and great home cooking.

Although its unfortunate to read the other reviews that disagree with mine, I can guarantee I will continue to book for business purposes as well as family getaways. I consider the Lodge my "home away from home" and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else while in Medora.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Scrapper78
Bismarck, North Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Judging from my stay versus comments from prior visitors, this place is slowly sliding into disrepair from neglect or costs associated with upkeep. Yes the view is wonderful and the concept is lovely. But the proprietors have cut out extras (such as no spare roll of bathroom tissue in the room) and have neglected necessary maintenance (such as wobbly steps on wooden stairs.) If you are okay with rustic conditions for high prices, you will have a unique experience. Not recommended for anyone with mobility restrictions, night time vision issues, or weighs more than 200 pounds (plastic chair collapsed while sitting on it.)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sillysal_11
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

This place is not worth the money. As a part of the accommodations, which are at a premium price given the area, meals are to be provided. When we checked in, the owners told us dinner would not be served and we had to go to town for a meal. They still charged us for the meal and would not agree to compensate us for our dinner tab (8 people). The next night, we were asked to stay out of their way as they held a party for another group not staying at the lodge. This put a damper on each night we stayed there and its a good thing we did not give them another evening to ruin. At face value the owners seemed nice, but do not have any concept of hospitality. We love Medora, but would never stay here again. Nor would we recommend the lodge to our friends. Five star price for less than you'd expect from the local motel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank AvidBiker84
Hugo, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

I hate staying in motels or hotels if I don't have to . I love adventure and when I came around to finding this gem I knew it would be wonderful. Joann and Paul were fabulous from the moment we met them. They said come and go as you like and we did. The food was outstanding as were the other guests that we met, we actually left with new friends. Thank you Joann and Paul for everything, I plan on coming back every year.

Gerri Rose