“GRAND Central Indeed!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Central Grill

Grand Central Grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Full service fine dining steak restaurant. Open Monday thru Saturday from 11:00am to 9:00pm. Reservations suggested.
Galveston Island, Texas
“GRAND Central Indeed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Having found myself back in Cottonwood Falls, KS again I was working with the limited availability for a nice breakfast offering. Cottonwood Falls is a very friendly place where even the merchants work together to make coming there a good experience so you'll come back! I was actually staying at the Millstream Motel this time. The owners there and the owner of the Grand Central Hotel have a beautiful working relationship. Even though I wasn't staying at the Grand Central this time I was still allowed to come for their Continental breakfast! Much to my delight,because frankly, they serve the best coffee in town anywhere! It is especially roasted at a small enterprise in Emporia and is fabulous!! I chose to have the cinnamon swirled French toast, a fruit plate and fruit juice along with my delicious coffee! I was there with a friend, we get going early, 7:30am, and it was quiet and easy for us to converse without disruption as most of the guests were still slumbering upstairs! And the price was great too. I ate lunch there several times while visiting the area. They have a new offering that is just mouthwatering and delicious, Filet sliders! You can have that with either salmon or the most tender beef! (ask for the horseradish sauce to go with it!)

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Streak333
suzan_barnes, Owner at Grand Central Grill, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you! I am so glad you enjoy our coffee and SLIDERS!!!! It's always good to have you here.

Again, thank you for your kind thoughts.

Waterloo, Ontario
“Remarkable to find in a tiny town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The manager at my motel recommended the Grand Central Hotel for its steaks, and she was right. I had a ribeye that really stands out in my experience. At the last minute I asked for a side order of the daily vegetable, which was sugar snap peas, and they were delicious, really the best part of the meal. Unfortunately there was twice as much of everything as I could comfortably eat.

It's quite surprising to find a restaurant of this quality in a small and remote place like Cottonwood Falls. There were almost no other patrons on a Wednesday night; I hope the place does better on weekends, or sometime, otherwise it's hard to imagine that they'll be there very long. The Grand Central claims to be the successor of an unbroken line of hotels in the same building, dating back to 1884. They also emphasize that sophistication and quality were very much known on the Kansas frontier in the 1880s. Well, they still are!

The service was excellent, matching the food, for the first two-thirds of the meal. Then, oddly, the waiter disappeared. Otherwise, it was a great experience.

Visited August 2013
suzan_barnes, Owner at Grand Central Grill, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. The management and staff truly appreciate your business and look forward to having you dine with us again. We thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience.

Again, thank you.

Suzan
Eagan, Minnesota
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had a business dinner here with a large group, pleasantly surprised at the quality of food. Waitstaff did a good job taking care of our group and the KC Strip Steak was excellent.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Home to Midwest beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

White tablecloth restaurant in a beautiful restored hotel. We had a leisurely meal with red wine, dessert and coffee. I had a very good ribeye cooked perfectly..my wife had beef filet and shrimp. Logan, our waiter, was attentive without being intrusive. A very nice evening in a very nice restaurant in a very nice small Kansas town.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Anschutzw
Manhattan, Kansas
“used to be excellent, just order beef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

you are in cattle country, so don't waste your time ordering anything else besides beef. Prices are high, service is polite but slow, but beyond that, again if you stick to the beef, the food is usually excellent. I would have rated it as such, but the last time we went our bread was stale and salads had rotten lettuce in them. If I'm going to pay $50 for a meal, I expect service to be attentive and all food to be perfect. We used to feel this was the best restaurant in the area, but now prefer Ad Astra which is in Strong City, just one mile away.

Visited October 2012