All reviews flint hills tallgrass prairie county courthouse owners are great short walk a wonderful stay stay there again cabin millstream midwest
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I am a single mom with three children (11, 13, 15) and we LOVE going to Cottonwood Falls, KS and staying at the Millstream. We first heard about the Millstream 3 years ago, and try to go as often as we can- and my kids don't ever want to leave once we are there. We love the beautifully decorated rooms, the relaxing & quiet atmosphere, and especially the wonderful and friendly owners, Richard & Sharon - they treat us like family. Each room has a coffee pot, refrigerator and a microwave. These rooms are VERY Clean! They go over-the-top in customer service at the Millstream. It is worth the trip whether you are staying one night, or two. (Haven't had the opportunity to stay a week, but would love to sometime), It is an awesome place to go and get away from the everyday hectic & busy life-style at home, without having to travel very far. There is a lake near-by too that my kids love to go and swim at and have a picnic in the hot summer months. "The Millstream Rocks", as my kids say.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank evelem
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We spent our New Year's Eve celebration at The Millstream with an atmosphere as welcoming as a B&B. The rooms were very clean, neat, and tastfully decorated. We appreciated your directing us to the quaint local shops in town and the fabulous celebration dinner at a local restaurant. Thank you, Richard and Sharon, for making us feel right at home in such peaceful surroundings with the soothing sound of the river in your very own backyard. Coffee was left at our door step in the morning; what a treat!

Thank you for a most memorable and relaxing New Year's Eve.

Date of stay: December 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2009

My husband and I have been going to the Millstream for about 3 years now and absolutely love it. The rooms are decorated is such a way that you immediately feel like you're at home. Richard and Sharon, the owners are very accomodating and we've become good friends just from our visits.
The motel and its' surroundings are extremely relaxing.

Highly recommend it!!!

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2009

The Millstream is located close to the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve, and is just off the Scenic Byway of Hwy 177. The room was impeccably clean and beautifully decorated. The historic building is fully modernized (wireless internet, phone, cable TV, refrigerator, microwave) while maintaining a unique character. I was able to slip into a world that is more relaxed and filled with the sounds of nature. The building is of native limestone, the floors are solid wood, and the decor is classy and gives you a feeling of being in a home or B&B, not a cookie-cutter hotel. With a balcony that overlooks the river, dam, and historic bridge in Cottonwood Falls, it is easy to relax and let the stress of the world slip away. The owners operate the motel, so the hospitality is incredible. Shops and places to eat are only a few blocks away, and the historic Chase County Courthouse is located just down the street. Each room is uniquely decorated, and the sheets are like crawling into a piece of heaven! This is a true hidden gem in the Flint Hills of east central Kansas!

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I have stayed at this charming motel many times while visiting family in Cottonwood Falls . The friendly owners, clean and carefully decorated rooms, and beautiful grounds have made my visits much more pleasurable than they would be otherwise. I love the hand carved doors and hardwood floors. The spacious grounds along the river have allowed our family to visit together for picnics, barbecues etc. The nearby bridge over the falls is a delightful place for gatherings as well. The location is ideal for the short walk to the unique main street. The price is very reasonable and makes my trips very affordable. I always look forward to my next visit. RK

Date of stay: July 2009