“A wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2515 E. Butler Avenue, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
California
“A wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

We stayed in a suite and it was wonderful. Clean, comfortable and quiet. The decor was not something I would have chosen, but there were plenty of lamps and chairs and a sofa. Our room had wireless internet, table and chairs, and our bed at least (reading the other reviews) was very comfortable with new linens and pillows and an excellent mattress. Yes, the place is old--but everything was in perfect working order and extremely well-kept. I never expect a hotel's decor to mirror my personal taste so that wasn't a problem at all. I've never been to a European ski resort so I had nothing to compare it with, but it's far nicer than just about any hotel across the pond that I've stayed in at any price. (Again reading other reviews.)

We ate in the dining room for breakfast and supper and enjoyed the food and the attentive service. With a view out the windows into the forest, it was idyllic.

The front desk staff was professional and pleasant, and as good or better than we have ever experienced anywhere else. We were impressed.

My only disappointment was the huge gift shop that stocks only small sizes in women's clothing. I chose to shop elsewhere and the hotel would do well to understand they are limiting their revenues by having such a restricted selection.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
STOKE ON TRENT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

You’re greeted by warmth from the open log fire which is only superseded by the warmth of the welcome at reception. The rooms (ours was a king suit) are set in wood land overlooking gardens and the pool area. Take a walk in the gardens to the bar, gift shop and restaurant. This is a place you will always remember. We first visited here in 1979 and many times since and always feel welcomed, comfortable and secure. No where else comes close to this special place hope you feel the same

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Nothing really to add to other recent reviews but like giving my five stars as Trip Advisor is really a great service. We have travelled all over the world successfully based solely on its recommendations. We stayed in a suite which was enormous, elegant and very clean. My only problem with USA is standard of waiters. They appear so artificial yet unreliable. Here the regular waiter for our table in restaurant had not turned up for shift and the waiter for the adjoining table refused to serve us. Needless to say after a 300 mile detour caused by a sandstorm I was on a short fuse!!

Keila, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed 2 days, the hotels management more than surpassed my expactations for my personal special request, rooms are very cozy and clean, restaurant has good food and service is very courteous (although could be a bit more refined if compared to European standards, but thats just me). I definitely recommend - and I believe this is my first recommendation - I travel a lot and a hotel has really be above expectations for me to do it - and Little America in Flagstaff is just that.

Bartlesville, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

The room was decorated very elegantly . . . . the problem was how in the world could anyone get a decent night's sleep on those impossibly hard mattresses??!! We even had a pad added and sleep was still almost impossible. Other than that issue, we had no problems and enjoyed the beautiful room.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

We stayed 2 nights (wanted to extend, but fully booked!!), in Room 140 - it's a corner room, and thus has two little balconies with sliding doors (perfect for fresh air and light).

Despite the room being at the entry of Lodge 2 and next to a stair we heard no outside guest noise. We also faced the courtyard. Currently workmen are refurbishing the pool, which looks like it will be fabulous.

Our room is a king suite, and is spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated in colors easy to the eye. The room has a light airy feel to it.

TV is an LCD on the wall in front of the bed. There is ample storage space, as well as 3 cupboards in the bathroom. A mini-fridge is also in the bathroom.

The bathroom is large, and has a big oval shaped bath. Water pressure is fabulous, and the bath didn't take long to fill, and the shower pressure was strong. There is a long bench in the bathroom, so ample space for your bathroom items. There is also a small 2nd sink outside the bathroom wth hairdryer.

We ate at their restaurant both nights and the food was great (I had apricot chicken salad both nights).

The rooms are very clean and beautifully decorated. While the bed isn't the most luxurious I have slept in during my holiday, it was very comfortable, and I got a good nights sleep.

Internet is fast, and has both cable and wi-fi (I always carry my ethernet cable with me, just in case, as I prefer it over wi-fi )!!! Internet is very important for me and I was able to easly do all my high bandwidth tasks without a problem.

If you have time, there is a good 2 mile walk through the forest on the property. It is so lovely here, we even chose to spend an afternoon right in the hotel !!

I would definitely stay here again if I were to come to Flagstaff, and wouldn't even look at another place. I doubt there would be anywhere better, especially for the price.

There was nothing negative about The Little America Hotel, or anything I disliked. If I were travelling to other places that have a Little America Hotel, I would definitely choose them as my preferred hotel. The Little America Hotel was the highlight of Flagstaff for me!!

So.California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

We originally stayed here based on recommendations from many different friends who have stayed here for years. We planned on spending 1 night. However we got "snowed in" and had to spend another night. The hotel was so accommodating! Consequently we could not leave the hotel and ate at the restaurant for every meal. We did not mind. The food was delicious. We heard on our 2nd trip thru Flagstaff in March, the January snowstorm was the 3rd worst on record.

On the trip in March thru Flagstaff, we stayed here again.

These comments apply to both stays: We were very pleased with the excellent service from ALL employees. They offer exceptional service. Loved the restaurant & bar --we truly enjoyed the food. Didn't order room service. Bed and pillows were great and I am picky! We upgraded to the forest room in March--did not select a room with a fireplace--probably should have. The rooms are very large, almost a mini-suite, with a sofa & chairs area, separate from bed and chairs. Large bathroom. The decor is fine, I love it. My husband prefers more contemporary furnishings. They also offer free wifi , have a very nice gift shop with reasonable prices, & have a small fitness center .

On the way home during the January trip, we stayed at the new Courtyard which was very nice but did not compare in price, quality,size, and has no restaurant. It does offer breakfast but is expensive for what it offers. We'd already made reservations and wanted to compare it with Little America. Little America definitely won our hearts & we will stay there from now on.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business