“The very friendly staff are this comfortable hotel's best asset.”

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We stayed here for a few days with a toddler while the rest of the family rafted in the Grand Canyon. The suites are spacious and comfortable with excellent bath tubs. The wooded view was a plus given the closeness of the freeway ( no freeway noise just the comforting distant Flagstaff train whistles). The grounds have pleasant walks, a small pool and a small playground. We did eat in the hotel a lot because of the toddler. The food was typical hotel fare. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We would definitley stay here again in Flagstaff

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed May 22, 2009

We stayed here overnight on our journey from Scottsdale to Las Vegas. We liked this hotel although guests with mobility problems should be aware that it can be a long walk from your room to the main building/dining room. The room was comfortable with all the necessary amenities. We did not like the dining room for either dinner or breakfast and if staying here again would eat elsewhere - the food is not of a high standard and everything was overcooked. When we checked out the next morning we discovered that we had been charged twice for breakfast that morning. When we went to reception to query this all they did was phone round to the restaurant to check up on this. At no time did they apologise even although it had been their error.
All in all for what we had paid we were happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miss_Pie
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I've been here at least 4 - 5 times in the past couple of years and the hotel has always provided a great experience.

This time they have shut down the cafe and turned the 'fine dining' restaurant into their only restaurant - The breakfast personnel works the dinner shift, and they don't know the menu = constant mistakes, missing menu items. I was in a group of three and each of us were missing items in our meals - we just got tired of tracking down the waitress. We mentioned the problem to the manager, who gave us a discount. We didn't want a discount - we wanted good service and the food we ordered.

We requested a Forest View room - it is supposed to face the forest (Pine Trees). Upon checkin, we confirmed the Forest room - yes said the check in guy....ah no, the room faced the walk way, another building and some Birch trees - too much trouble to argue, but it wasn't as promised.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be coming back to this property since their services has gone from great to just sad.

Reviewed May 18, 2009

I am a 31 y.o. male, and I travel frequently for business. I relied on TripAdvisor's #2 ranking for the Little America and was extremely disappointed with my stay.

The Little America was probably top of the line in the 1960's when it was built, however today, the hotel rooms are probably the worst I've stayed in. The rooms are extremely dated. The only updates seem to be the HDTV and new wallpaper. The furniture and fixtures are 30-40 years out of date. I was afraid of what might be on the carpet and I wore my shoes the entire time. Bathroom was decent in size, but very dated.

A couple other things: the free wake up call - and by that I mean the 4:15am train and steam whistle, was brutal. Easy access to the enormous truck stop 100 yards away. The hotel restaurant was essentially a poor man's Denny's (and not half as good).

The pool looked like it hadn't been updated in quite some time. The adjacent hiking trail wasn't worth the walk - someone had cut down half of the trees in the forest and left them in huge piles.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, ever. Sorry, Little America management, you need to refurbish your motel. The service was actually pretty good. Otherwise, skip this one.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank kgb1000
Reviewed May 14, 2009

We were an extended family group of 5, visiting the Grand Canyon, etc., who enjoyed staying in Flagstaff at this Little America. It wasn't inexpensive to get a suite, but it was probably the same amount of money if we'd have gotten 3 rooms, ( for Husband & me, Grandpa, and 2 large teenage boys who can't possibly sleep in the same bed.)

It was really nice in the suite because we were "all together" but still had separate sleeping arrangements. The full kitchen & washer/dryer were my dream come true! I made breakfasts every morn., snacks & drinks every night, which saved lots of $$$. Some earlier posts on this hotel have decried the train noise. No one in our group had a problem with it. Grandpa loved it! I felt like the noise was frequent, but very far in the back ground, and it didn't keep me away or wake me up even with the window open.

Only drawbacks with this hotel were NO ELEVATORS, so be ready to carry all your heavy luggage upstairs! Also, I never book hotels which don't have free breakfasts, so I was under the impression that this one had such. What they do have is an expensive, fancy restaurant in the main building and a truck stop cafe in their gas station just steps away from their hotel. Luckily, I could cook breakfast in our suite, but if you didn't spring for a full kitchen suite, you'd be paying extra. I honestly would not have booked this hotel, had I known there were no free breakfasts.

1  Thank momziekins
Reviewed May 13, 2009

When we arrived, we were very impressed with the grounds, which are wooded and serene. However, there were several cracks in the facade, as we soon found out! For one, the a/c vents in some of the rooms were not opened after the winter season, so the air did not work for the first 24 hours day until maintenance came. Two, the pool was overrun with kids of all ages, as well as plenty of teenagers and young adults drinking up a storm. It was graduation weekend for N.A.U. so the place was filled to the brim with partiers. Before arrival, the front desk assured us that only parents would be staying on-site. Third, what others wrote about the showers is true. They run hot and cold and hot and cold, so one second you are freezing and the next your're burning! Maintenance blamed this on 68 year old nickel plated pipes that have never been updated to copper. No bottled water is left in the rooms for guests. There is no microwave. The patios do not open up and there is no room to sit on them and relax. Security was powerless to control all the party animals. The maids will knock on your door and call you in your room even if you have the Do Not Distrub sign on the door. Finally, trash from guest's room service meals was left in the hallways for over 24 hours and housekeeping did nothing to clean it up! Definitely not a classy place.

2  Thank kilarney1
Reviewed May 4, 2009

My sister and I love Little America for its decor, cleanliness, convenient location and friendly staff. The hotel is located near a highway, making it easy to access when travelling around North Arizona (Grand Canyon, Wupatki etc.) All amenities including a great gift shop, restaurants, gas station and even walking paths are right on location. The decor is vintage but not dated, it's really designed rather than leftover from old times. The park surrounding the hotel adds charm as well, there are song birds, squirells, and wonderful nature right outside your window.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends