“Large clean rooms nice restaurant/bar”

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #1 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Springfield, Mo
“Large clean rooms nice restaurant/bar”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room through priceline and were happily suprised. They have a good restaurant and bar. (There were not any other food places close by.) We were also able to knock out some laundry they had 3 washers and dryers. Be sure to bring extra quarters for your jeans it will take 2 trys. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I cannot believe how scrumptious the bed linens are, worthy of a 5 star hotel, and also, the staff. The rooms are spacious, classically decorated, and so clean.

Kudos to a first class reception, housekeeping and restaurant staff as well.

I love Little America!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank kirbyTucson
Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed in mid-October during a 19-night road trip round Arizona and the 4 Corners. We chose to stay in Falgstaff having first visited the Lowell Observatory in the afternoon and we chose this hotel as a special place to stay since it was my birthday. Our room was lovely - huge with a huge kingsize bed and with a lovely view out over the grounds. However the restaurant was a big disappointment - a member of staff showed her annoyance at both having to wait a couple of minutes for me to join my husband and then at our request to be reseated away from the open kitchen area. Our banquette seat was ripped and disappointingly there were 2 large TV screens on view showing a sporting event - something we did not expect to see in an hotel which sets itself up to be of a certain quality. We both ordered a turkey dinner which was partly cold partly tepid (although the plates were roasting hot). We decided not to make a formal complaint although we did say to our waiter (who was very nice and attentive). Needless to say we passed on breakfast! On checking out the Reception Clerk made a mistake while dealing with us but was very patronising when he realised his mistake and pushed the situation back onto us as of our making. On the whole, with the exception of our waiter we found the staff patronising and our stay not good value for money - we stayed at 8 other hotels on our road trip all of which met our high standards at a much lower price! I would not use this hotel again if returning to Flagstaff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MMcL47
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Little America is a good choice for a stay in Flagstaff. Though it's located a bit away from the historic center, it is sited in a large area with quite nice hiking trails that begin just outside behind the hotel.

The roos are large with a generous sitting area provided, though mine had no desk; instead there was a table and two chairs for dining. I used it for a desk for my laptop, but the height was awkward; I would prefer a desk.

The room had a decent sized bathroom, but mine had no heat source, and with an outside wall, it got rather chilly during my stay. Another issue in the bathroom - if you are allergic to scents, bring your own shampoo - the Gilchrist and Soames shampoo that they provide is heavily scented; I had to stop using it.

Be aware that the hikes are not the only long walks you may take at Little America. If you end up in one of the building other than number 1, you may have quite a lengthy walk to the lobby and the dining room and bar. I would definitely ask for building 1.

The restaurant is ok; for lunch I asked for the fish race and got a cod filet instead. When I pointed out the disparity, the waiter said, 'Oh, I'll have to go look at the menu.' when he returned, he said that I was right, it was supposed to be fish taco, but, he explained, the line chef was new and probably made a mistake. Probably? Well yes, but i think you, my friend, made the mistake and now want to blame the 'new' line chef.

For breakfast, they make reasonably good pancakes with real maple syrup - be advised that their cappuccino is not good at all.

If you are looking to enjoy the historic center, you might try something downtown. Otherwise Little America is acceptable, but nothing more than that.

Room Tip: Choose building number 1 otherwise you'll be a ways aways from the lobby and dining room bar. Ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank William B
tucson
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on the way home from the slot canyons in Northern AZ. Although, all the hotels I stayed in were nice, this by far was the nicest. The rooms are still set in the old fashion style. The beds were so comfortable I didn't want to get out of bed. Dinner was enjoyable. The restaurant was far away from the room and the wing I stayed in had no elevator. This is why I am giving 4 stars and not 5 stars

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank shalomhav
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My daughter, grandson, and I recently drove to California (from Dallas, TX) for a vacation, and on our return trip, we needed a place to spend the night in Flagstaff. My daughter made reservations at Little America, which is just off I-40, and we arrived late on a Thursday night. I had never heard of Little America, and I was so impressed with everything about this property. Little America is comprised of multiple buildings on about 300 wooded acres. I believe it is a popular convention/conference hotel, because there were many, many cars there.

Our suite, which was huge, was no more expensive than a single room in a moderately priced hotel. The full bath was large and was stocked with plenty of towels, nice toiletries, etc. There was a nice dressing table outside the bath, with a second lavatory, mirror and plenty of room for cosmetics, etc. This was a wonderful surprise! We had a very nice coffeemaker, mini refrigerator, wall-mounted TV, WiFi, two queen beds, and a sleeper sofa that was a bit separate from the two beds. The sheets on the beds were like silk! And to top off this great experience, we ordered "in-room" breakfast the next morning! Our food arrived promptly and was plenty hot and very good.

We were sorry we did not have longer to stay at this hotel. All of the employees were so nice. The gift shop was the largest I've ever seen in a hotel. We would like to make a trip to Flagstaff just to stay at this hotel for a while! Although we were there for only one night, I know there are hiking trails, pool, spa, etc.to enjoy. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nanameister
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I along with 12 other couples stayed for 2 nights at the wonderful hotel whilst on a tour of the USA.Huge rooms, with the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in!! Infact there were two 5'beds.It is set in a wonderful forest with an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub.
However the hotel is not near the center of Flagstaff so it can be a bit of a pain to get to local restaurants. !!
The hotel restaurant is excellent, with a large choice, especially the breakfasts.
We would love to return!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple