“Large room! Great hotel for families!”

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed in Flagstaff over spring break, and made it our base to do the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert/Petrified Forest. I was amazed by how beautiful Flagstaff is! We loved the hotel. The room was nice and large, and the grounds are beautiful. A great hotel to stay at with kids! It was too cold to use the pool, but it has a nice pool and play structure for the kids. Also, had a fun gift shop my kids enjoyed browsing. And, very affordable, too!

1  Thank hessfamily

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Great place. Very clean anf well kept up. Beautiful pool area. I would recommend this hotel yoanyone staying in Flagstaff

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Tanya L
Reviewed April 19, 2012

this was a stopping off point for trip to grand canyon. we arrived monday april 16th. It is beautiful property, reminded me of colorado condos of some previous ski trips. It was about 60 degrees, sunny and snow the ground! (was told they had 10" over wkend. ) The outside pool looked beautiful, they said it was heated, so we checked it out. it was nice and WARM, we took a detour of afternoon plans to relax in this wonderful pool while looking over at the remnants of a wkend snowman. the room itself was very large and looked appealing. the bed was very comfortable. the bath room fixtures, vanity a bit older looking, but that's a minor quibble. all the people working there who we interacted with were very friendly and accommodating.
the exercise room is typical stuff , treadmills, dumb bells, all new vintage. I liked the fridge of bottled water for cool down.
I could see this a wonderful vacation spot for families with kids, or a great place to go to relax. I was wishing we had allocated more than one day here and in the Flagstaff area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank apackerfan
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This Hotel was incredible amazing. Super classy too. Little America has a great pool and hot tub. Very clean, nice and affordable! Also holds an awesome little excercise room and cute gift shop.

Room Tip: Any room is great!
2  Thank Lily L
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We loved this hotel. It is large and spacious, the rooms are nostalgia 70s with good updates, and the restaurant is great!

Our room backed onto a large wooded area with a lovely pool and hot tub. It was like being right in the mountains. I had a nice run on the 2 mile trail behind our hotel. There is also a great children's play area.

The restaurant...we ate there twice and had excellent food both times. Even our kids liked it! We did not eat the breakfast buffet so cannot comment on it.

We did find that we heard the people above us pretty easily, so that was the one downside. Other than that, the room was very clean and comfortable. The beds seemed brand new as did the linens. In reading queenofapology's review, we didn't have any trouble with low water pressure.

They have a beautiful outdoor pool, but it was closed when we were there which was sad.

There is also a VERY nice workout room with lots of equipment and showers right there. They even had chilled bottled water. This was the best workout room we've seen in a hotel.

Room Tip: Get one that backs onto the pool/woods area instead of one that faces the front parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jmbratto
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We only spent one night here on our way to California, but I would definitely stay here again. The rooms are large and comfortable, with a sitting area and huge bathroom. The king bed was comfortable, although too springy for my personal taste. The restaurant and bar are nice if you don't feel like making the short trip into town. We only had breakfast (a decent although not outstanding buffet). The setting is wooded and peaceful. Book a room at the back where your view is of the hotel grounds (shaded by large pine trees).

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the wooded grounds (rear).
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Beautiful property; we visit northern Arizona occasionally to enjoy the scenery and this was a definite positive.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They certainly made one feel at home.

The on site bar was nice.

I loved the decor.

Why in the world is the mini fridge in the bathroom?

Pathetic water pressure. When I took my shower the water TRICKLED from the shower head. I don't know if someone in the next room was showering at the same time or what but it was bad enough for me to skip a shower the next day.

There was no working exhaust fan in the bathroom. What is up with this Flagstaff?

Breakfast was just okay. My travel companions had the buffet and the biscuits were dense and dry. The sausage gravy was under seasoned. The bacon was rubbery. I ordered the fruit and yogurt with a muffin. I was pleased with the flavor and the abundance of fruit.

The mattresses are horrible! My companions and I all left with terrible back pain. I felt like I was Elaine Benes from Seinfeld staying on the fold out bed with the bar in my back- even though I was sleeping on what another reviewer called a "cushy bed".

The central air/heat was nice.

It was very cold when we visited so I can not say how the hot tub or swimming pool was. I enjoyed walking the trails on the grounds.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends