“A brilliant hotel, fantastic value.”

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed June 9, 2011

It's a shame we only stayed here for one night, as it was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. It was very clean, with a big bedroom and bathroom. The facilities were great - gym, pool, free wifi. It was pleasantly retro with chintzy patterns and even nintendo 64 on demand. The restaurant was great and good value. It even has it's own petrol station - it was really good.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,491)

Reviewed June 7, 2011

I've lived in the US for 2 years now, have done plenty of traveling all over, and am capping it with a 5-week trip with my elderly parents before we head back home to Vienna, Austria. We stopped over in Flagstaff after a large loop through the national parks, and had stayed in luxury hotels throughout. This was just supposed to be a brief highway stopver, but turned out to be one of our favorite venues on the entire trip.

The Little America, which we discovered through Tripadvisor, was so good, it inspired my first ever review here (this one). The best thing, though, is the price. For one of the best hotels on our trip we paid a meagre $150 for 3 adults.

The LA offers a mixture of unexpected old-school grandeur (think classy furnishings, in-room chandeliers), extremely spacious rooms (the largest 2 queen room I've ever seen, the bathroom alone larger than many conventional rooms), an outdoor area more fitting of an Italian beach resort, including a great pool (large and not stuffed with chemicals). Be sure to pay a little extra ($20 in our case) for the garden view, it's very beautiful, calm and quiet, and really adds to your experience here.

Overall, a real gem. You'd never guess from the outside!!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank felix_vienna
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed here over memorial day weekend with my boyfriend and another couple. our room was enormous! Seperate living room as well as sleeping room. Service was great. Decor was wonderful. Pool and hot tub were very nice as well. Bathroom was a bit outdated and for some reason the mattresses killed my back!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SweetTpie10s
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our 3 night stay at Little America! It was our home base during our visit to the Grand Canyon, Skywalk, Hoover Dam & Barringer Crater.

The hotel’s décor is purposely dated to fit in with the outdoor/country setting of Flagstaff. The bedrooms are HUGE and slept well on the comfortable beds. The restrooms are also big with plenty of sink space, cabinets and even a mini fridge.

Great swimming pool and a hot tub that fits 8-10 people plus fire lit lamps by the swimming pool. The hotel’s surrounded by pine trees with a walking trail in a wooded part on the hotel grounds. The grounds were well maintained and I enjoyed seeing the squirrels from my window while eating breakfast.

The checkout experience was also positive because they honored my AAA discount rate even though I forgot my AAA membership card back home :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie360
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Located right off the highway, Little America is more of a resort with all the amenities. Besides a huge and well-respected gift shop, its restaurant is mentioned in many travel guides as good and reasonable. A small diner-type place out at the truck stop (separate building) provides quick meals or snacks if that is your preference. The rooms are very large, with a separate dressing area & 2nd sink outside of the bathroom, which makes it so much easier for two to get ready in the morning. The furniture is French Provincial as others have mentioned, but who cares? The rooms are clean, large, luxurious, and have a frig. There is a 2 mile hiking path around the back of the hotel, which we walked, and early morning joggers might love. While it is sort of a "blast from the past," I have nothing but good things to say about Little America.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, away from I-40.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bverbos
Reviewed May 27, 2011

- Rooms are exceptionally roomy, elegant and look great as other reviewers mentioned. Interesting furnitures of 50s theme with toiletory "Made in England." Felt like we are in a time wrap but big flat screen TV reminded me that it's not.
- Also need to check out the great swimming pool with jacuzzi. Swimming pool is really big, heated (yes, really heated to swim at night) and well maintained. You can also walk in the forest behind the hotel.
- Breakfast is not included but you can have a great selection of breakfast items by ordering 11.99$ buffet. Menu is suprisingly similar to those from other Little America locations.
- Staff are well trained, well dressed and hard working (? because they belong to a certain religious group). I never saw so many people cleaning the pool, walk way and garden at 6AM in other hotels. Most hotels left swimming pool with lukewarm water and leaves.
- Best of all, I won the bid from priceline and that's why I gave 5 stars to value. You should definitely try for 3 1/2 star hotel from priceline and might ended up in this wonderful place.

Room Tip: Don't know? Pay more.
  • Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank bigboy61455
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I will add to the kudos that this hotel has already received on this site. When you arrive, you say to yourself "Is this kitsch on a grand scale?" Eclectic is one word that comes to mind..... The hotel is indeed sprawling and its layout a bit confusing, but it has charm in abundance. The rooms are huge; one of ours even had a fireplace. The Louis XVI style of the room decoration adds to the overall convivial eccentricity. The huge buffet breakfast was really good - a rarity for this kind of thing.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends