“Bad Bad Bad!!!”

Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Mississauga, Ontario
“Bad Bad Bad!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2008

dusty, dirty and all around bad hotel experience.... cheap owners who dont understand hotel stays....

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank NVAZCA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Pike Creek, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2008

This was one of our few impromptu stops. It was nice and clean and also had a pool, which we didn't use. It had a large area of tables for a fairly decent breakfast. while the Route 66 theme 60's music played. There was a small bar where we saw a few people when we checked in. The desk clerks recommended the Galaxy Diner across the street. That was a hoot for the Route 66 time warp. Lots of old movie star publicity shots- a jukebox of oldies and one waitress even had on a poodle skirt. The service was friendly and the food was good - enough- just like the diners we remember. It's a very short drive to the old town Flagstaff area, but we were just stopping for the night. The desk clerks told us where to get a Route 66 sign- and we were off. Our kids laughed at that one the most- they said just go to K-Mart-it's a brand--but kids just don't understand!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Breakfast wasn
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2008

I chose this hotel online because, at the time, I believed it to be one of the other Days Inns in Flagstaff. After having stayed there, I wish that it HAD been pretty much any other hotel in Flagstaff.

The place looks very attractive on first appearance...the lobby is large and well-decorated, the rooms are bright and newly furnished, the pool is sparkling...

However, as noted by other guests, there are problems. The internet did not work the entire time that we were there, the breakfast shut down early and did not provide enough food, and, worst of all, when I went to climb into my bed there were still hairs from the last guest who had stayed.

I tried to approach the manager about my problems but all I received were excuses about the clouds over the mountain effecting the internet signal (they weren't--we did manage to connect to the internet...of the hotel next door,) and that he would talk to his staff. I told him that the problems were unacceptable, and was insulted in return.

I definitely would not stay here again.

• Liked — Admittedly, the pool was nice.
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, no internet access, the desk staff.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank 30Gauge

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

footloose50
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

This hotel room was clean with a nice “unheated” pool. I would have to agree that breakfast was pretty pathetic. We went down to eat at 8:00AM (breakfast is till 9:00AM). When we got to the breakfast area there were 20 people in line for “make your own” waffles because they were out of everything else. Only weak coffee, juice, toast was available. I asked the woman who was handling the breakfast area if I could have some cereal. She got indigent, but brought six individual boxes out. Within 5 seconds there were none left.

I watched her for the next hour. She would bring out six small donuts and wait until someone ask for more before she brought out a little more food. It was VERY INTENTIONAL. They don’t want people to eat too much. There must have been 50 people at the breakfast area and no food except for the very long waffle line.

If you want a nice room for the price this hotel is fine. But, forget about having a decent breakfast. There are a lot of other hotels in Flagstaff that look new, like Motel 6 and the Super 8. You might want to check out their prices.

• Liked — The rooms were clean and alright
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank footloose50
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

This has to be my worse hotel experience so far.

I called this property and asked for the rate, and was told the rate was $69.99 for the day I inquired. I thanked him, and right before I hang up the phone, the clerk said he was willing to give me a special rate of $59.99. I thought it was a nice gesture and took it. I asked for an email confirmation and was told they don't do it. To make sure, I called in the next day and reconfirmed my rate.

Upon checking in. I found my rate was $69.99, not $59.99 that was offered and reconfirmed. I asked why and was told there was never such thing as $59.99. I was trying to tell how I was offered the special rate, only was cut short (rudely may I add) by the seem-to-be manager and announced the conversation was useless. They insisted that their computer system is very good and any change will be logged (in other words, it was me who lied about the rate). I have but 2 options: either take the new higher rate, or cancel my reservation. In the latter case, he will not charge me as a "courtesy". Furious, but not wanting to drag my family around, I chose not to walk out.

The room itself is ok, but the continental breakfast was a joke. The orange juice is like diluted with 5X water, and the waffle cooker ... the lady literally brushed me away and did it for me because I sprayed too much PAM on the cooker. Somehow I didn't really appreciate her help.

We have all seen bad service from time to time in different hotels. This property managed to take it to a whole new level: from lies told to lure you in (or lies told at the front desk, who knows), to rudeness at the front desk and breakfast table, they have it all. so please, do yourself a favor and stay away from this hotel at all costs. You don't want your vacation to be ruined by these people.

• Liked — NOTHING!!
  • Disliked — front desk staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank A2Z_E2W
Phoenix
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

When we first arrived at the hotel, we were harrassed by the front desk personell about how many people we have. It is not clear on the website that you have to choose how many people you have because on the room it says 5 people max. we had 4 people. so they charged us extra. on our reservation the total was supposed to be 54 dollars INCLUDING TAX. when they charged us and added stuff it came out to 81 dollars! we were still fine with that. our check in time was at 3 o colck pm. we arrived at 6pm and when we went to our room it was a mess. nobody had cleaned it at all. so we went back to the office and they said there is nothing they can do except give us a room upstairs, but i cannot walk up stairs. so they told us to wait for 20 minutes for them to clean it when it was supposed to be clean already. it took the lady about 40 minutes to get to our room and clean it. and she did not even speak english to answer a question we had. when we got in the room we knew she did not clean the comforters because she used the ones that were thrown on the floor. when we asked for new ones she just looked at us puzzled and said i dont know. If we are going to be charged way more than we planned on when we got here, our room should be ready and we should be treated nicely. Also, our beds were not the correct size, and they had a free room next to us with the correct size beds, but told us there were none available. If we are going to pay extra for more people, we shoud be able to hold them in our room. This was the worst hotel and customer service experience i have ever had at a hotel and i will not be staying at a days inn ever again and i will inform my friends and family about the horrible service i recieved.

Stayed July 2008
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

We came to the Day's Inn because of a less than satisfactory stay at another motel. I asked for good wifi and a refrigerator in the room. The manager said he was having some problems with the wireless but gave us a room near a working node and had a refrig and microwave put in the room.
Everything worked well. The rooms were clean and roomy. The service people were helpful and all told the experience was pleasant. We used the pool and it was very clean and refreshing. There is an exercise room also available for guests.
To make a comparison, I spent 4 days at the Torry Pines Hilton and would rate that as the most unpleasant experience of my life.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family