“You get what you pay for”

Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66
Ranked #42 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Waipahu
Reviewed September 6, 2013

It is very convenient and close to everything. The room is spacious and clean. Breakfast could be better. Wanted more variety and hot breakfast food would be nice. Other than that it was a nice stay for 5 nights while we settle our child in Northern Arizona university

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Irwin W
Lake Forest
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were heading towards the grand canyon and need a one night stay. Good price staff was friendly rooms were ok it had a weird damp smell and the bed was uncomfortable but for that price you can't complain.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

La Paz, Mexico
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We booked into the Days Inn via the Internet because we've had good luck with Comfort Inn properties in the past, but this one is sub-par, in my opinion. The rooms are small and in need of a remodel and the "free breakfast" was impossible due to the tiny, poorly designed area where it is served. We were able to grab a cup of coffee, but that was it! We elected to check out and eat in town rather than join the crush of people. The place was full, but obviously with one-nighters (like us) who were just passing through. There are much better lodging choices in Flagstaff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Where do I begin? I booked my room online, judging the photos of the property to be decent. Upon arrival, I was pleased by the appearance of the grounds and the lobby. As I approached the counter, the owner, must have been expecting me, because he immediately handed me my paperwork, with a credit card receipt stapled to it to sign. I've never been charged by a hotel, before I even checked in! He then charged me $16.50 per night for a roll away bed, which is high, compared to most other hotels that either provide them free upon request or charge only $10. We couldn't get the TV to work in the room and had to call the front desk for help. The owner gave directions over the phone to fix it, but it didn't work, so we called again. He came down to our room, tried unplugging and replugging from the outlets and jacks, and he finally got it working. When we got settled in, I checked my voice mail, and found a message from the owner, left at 9pm, asking me to call him and let him know when we would be arriving! Really? I didn't realize there was a curfew! It was only 9:30pm when we got there. When I pulled the bed spread and pillows back, there was a yucky stain on the spread, and the fabric on the box springs was discolored yellow from age. There were a few strands of long black hair, and a bunch of tiny little pieces, like someone had shaved or gotten a haircut along the top edge of the mattress. GROSS! I called the desk to ask if someone could change the sheets, but the owner said there was no one on duty, but we could change rooms. We did and the second room was much better, although the beds were still tiny, old and very lumpy and uncomfortable. At breakfast the next morning, the milk jug for cereal was empty, there was cream cheese, but no bagels to spread it on, just bread, and the waffle batter was watered down and pre-poured in cups, without enough to make a full size waffle in them. There were empty cups from other guests left all over the counter, which I picked up and threw away. I used the last two cups of batter for my boys, and the family that came after me had to hunt the attendant down and ask for more. After about 5 minutes, he had to find her and ask her again. After another 5 minutes, she finally came out of the back room with only 4 cups of batter, not enough for his whole family. The milk jug was still empty when I looked in the back room and saw the attendant playing on her phone with a coworker. I went to the desk to let the manager know, and she was very defensive about it. She called the attendant and told her to make sure the guests were served, before playing on her phone. Wow! We decided to leave this hotel and go elsewhere. When I asked her to refund the next two nights and the roll-away bed, she said she was not authorized to give refunds, and I had to call the hotel after 3 pm to ask the owner when he arrived. When my husband argued the point that we shouldn't have to wait all day for a refund, when we shouldn't have been charged yet in the first-place, she called him a jackass. We checked out and left as fast as we could after that. An hour or so later, around 10:15 am (go figure..what happened to after 3pm?), she called me to bring my credit card back to get a refund for the roll-away bed and the receipt for the refund for the two nights I was charged that I didn't stay. When we went back, my husband told her it was unprofessional to call customers names, simply because they had legitimate complaints. She said he was rude and low-class. That was pretty much the last straw, so he said some rude and low-class things to her in retaliation on his way out. We went to La Quinta for the next two nights, and it was like leaving hell to go to heaven.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Julia K

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

No hot water for last 2 days...laundry washer does not work...breakfast is good though, and rooms are clean. Please be aware the beds are smaller than queen, and 2 people cannot sleep comfortably in these beds.

• Stayed August 2013