My family (wife and 2 kids) and I stayed here for 1 night in December after doing the North Pole Experience. I am a Hilton HHonors Gold member.
Location: The hotel is conveniently located right off the I-17 as you enter Flagstaff. It is situated on the side of the road, but tucked back enough so that road noise was not an issue. Since it is a tourist area, there are a lot of other hotels and restaurants nearby.
Check-In: We arrived around 3pm on a Sunday and check-in was very quick. The front desk staff (forgot his name) was extremely friendly and very helpful. Definitely much better than most people. Being a Gold HHonors member, I did receive 2 bottles of water, breakfast vouchers, and 2 vouchers for beverages from their store. This included bottled beer or wine, which is unfortunate, since I don't drink. The free beverages seem to be a unique benefit for this particular property. I did check-in online the day before and picked a room. However, we were given a different room, but was still on the top floor away from the elevator.
Property/Room: I booked a standard double room and received the same. The room had 2 double beds with an LCD TV, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. It did seem a bit cramped, but we were there for only a night so it didn't matter. What did matter was the fact that the walls were pretty thin, so I could hear the family next door watching TV and laughing every few minutes until about midnight. Normally I would do something about it, but my kids were sound asleep and I didn't want to disturb them. My usual tactic would be to run the A/C on fan mode to drown out the background noise, but for some reason the A/C did not have a fan mode. The bed was nice because you could actually choose your firmness setting by turning a dial.
Amenities: The property is your standard Hilton Garden Inn. Keep in mind that breakfast is not free here, unless you are an HHonors Gold or Diamond member. The buffet has your usual hot and cold choices, almost similar to a breakfast buffet at an extended stay property (e.g. Residence Inn, Homewood Suites). The hotel also has a fitness center, indoor pool, and business center. The lobby area has a nice coffee/tea/hot chocolate station, perfect for a cold winter day.
Service: As mentioned above, the front desk staff was excellent and very friendly. The staff in the dining area during breakfast was also very friendly.
Overall it was a good experience. I only wish that the noise wasn't an issue (or at least get an A/C system with a fan mode).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff leisure travelers as well as the busy executives will be pleased to find everything necessary to make your trip to Northern Arizona relaxing and enjoyable. Our hotel is in the ideal location for exploring all the wonders of Northern Arizona including Historic Downtown Flagstaff,Route 66,the Grand Canyon National Park, Scenic Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, The Painted Desert National Park, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn - Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- Flagstaff Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Flagstaff