New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bellevue, Washington
“Great stay for holidays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn over Christmas and we enjoyed our stay. The hotel was comfortable and we got a good night's sleep. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and he definitely made the stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate your great scores and all your kind words.

Hilton Garden Inn-Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn in Flagstaff is a perfect location for sightseeing the Grand Canyon. The hotel is clean, organized and is very close to downtown Flagstaff.

It has an indoor pool and has Coco's nearby for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We truly appreciate your business and all your kind words.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

“The Value of a GNS is off the charts - good night's sleep.”

What did I do before I used TripAdvisor for picking my overnite stays ? Oh I remember, I tried to guess which place was worth my money, my time and would ensure we were well rested to continue our journey the next morning. The signs along the road all look the same even though the Inns are as different as the people who run them and no one hotel chain has the best in every town. I’m getting spoiled by my fellow travellers – one nice place after another. Thanks Guys – allow me to return the favour. On the 4th day of our road trip I chose to visit the Grand Canyon. Since it’s December and I have no idea what I am letting myself in for – especially with the weather ( hey I’m from Canada, how was I to know it’s 7000 ft above sea level and has tons of snow in winter ) I picked my first Hilton Inn - # 4 of hotels in Flagstaff. (Now that I know better, there are Inns I could have chosen that were closer to the Canyon…but NOW.. I know better. ) I was a bit taken back by some reviews of other higher rated places in Flagstaff with words like - close to the railway tracks, weak wifi, no elevators,..etc. My fears were quickly put to rest. Awesome location – pulled into Flagstaff from the west, followed the signs, 2 quick lefts and viola’ – there it was. Ok – the huge Hilton sign helped too. Heavy snow all around, hanging on the trees and the buildings, Xmas lights all over the Inn – it was something to behold. And it just got better as I stepped in the door – fireplace all lit up, festive decorations everywhere, smiling, happy people. I tell you – I was looking for Bing Crosby belting out an Irving Berlin tune with Norman Rockwell sitting beside him. An awesome young man checked me, very quickly – picked me a nice room, gave me 2 free bottles of water and set me on my way. Clean place with that clean smell that doesn’t come out of a can, great furniture and ..again ..everything I look for ..nay..now need and expect in a room. Excellent work station with a killer wifi connection and hard line plug, lots of light and plugs, perfect big flat screen TV with a great cable package, little fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and board – the stuff I deserve. Excellent bathroom, princess water pressure with lots of settings, plenty of complimentary lotions – like makeup remover. In the morning I was treated to an incredible breakfast served by two sweet ladies, surrounded by moms and little kids and other travellers. Cost of $9.99. The thing is, nice places get nice reputations and attract nice people. This Inn was just a fun place to stay in as well as being a great place that still left change in my pocket. Having said that – there were a few issues .The bed was a ‘dial a bed ‘ where you adjust the firmness by turning a dial – one for each side. The bed itself was new and worked as expected and I was able to adjust it to what I wanted – it just wasn’t that comfortable for me as a pillowtop – but this is a personal preference- not a failure of the bed. However I did check out the pool, the workout room and the sauna. Now I arrived fairly late, fighting a cold and not winning and the young man did inform me that the area closed at 11. I stepped around the corner for something to eat at Coco’s and came back late, making it down to the pool/workout area by 10:15. Nice pool, but it was stretch to call it a workout area – a treadmill, an elliptical and a crunch bench do not make a work out area. My main focus was the sauna, I had told the front desk I would be using it to loosen up my chest from my cold. After 15 mins on the treadmill I stepped into the Sauna at about 10:40. At the stroke of 11 the night manager stepped into the room, opened and closed the sauna door in a not so subtle manner and then turned off the Sauna ! Now I’ve thought about this for awhile, I’ve stayed in some very nice places since then –most workout areas open 24 hours or I’ve had Management offer to open it up for me after hours. We’re not talking about small kids running around making a lot of noise or young folk partying heavy – it was one old man sitting in a sauna. It just seemed tacky and lacking in class. But that’s all my whine. Stay here, it’s a great place, run by great people and you will have a great time, I promise. As for me – I’m going to soak in the Jacuzzi in another great hotel in another town – picked for me by my fellow travellers. Oh yes, it’s midnite here, but that's another story. As always I shot video of this delightful place @

http://youtu.be/wboJV1Mf_z0 .

Location @ googlemap @www.yolotraveller.com

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here for one night in august 2012. GREAT location from our travels between Sedona and The Grand Canyon. Hotel staff was very nice. Rooms were clean and comfortable. would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank isaac g
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Mr. G:

Thanks for all your kind words. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you next time your in town.

Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I primarily stay at Hilton Hotels. This was pretty good. Nothing stood out but nothing was bad either so I give it a solid review. The only negative I think is the parking lot was very small. However the location was fantastic , very close to downtown Flagstaff. Additionally, the breakfast they provided was very good and the price was wonderful.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack Z

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling to Phoenix and stopped in flagstaff to see the Grand Canyon the next day. Super friendly service at check in. Recognized that I had K State gear on and we chatted about the upcoming Fiesta bowl game we would be playing in later in the week. We had a nice "gift" in our room for being hilton honors members, we also are hilton vacation club owners. The gift was a nice basket of candy bars, protein bars, chips, popcorn, and a small bottle of wine. We also received two coupons for small bottles of wine at the pantry as well as two bottles of water when we checked in.

Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We had a room with two queen beds. The bed was an adjustable sleep number bed but it wasn't the same as the one we sleep on at home. The pool and whirlpool were great. So was the exercise room the next morning. The breakfast was a bit pricy but was very tasty and had a good selection of both hot and cold items. The fruit was freshly cut.

Overall a great stay in flagstaff. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, January 2, 2013

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stopped here unexpectedly during a cold snap and light snowstorm. I was greeted as an HH member and made very welcome. The property was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast for HH members was quite good. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: I'd try for a room not directly over the entrance if you want to sleep in. ;-)