“I love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orland Park, Illinois
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was booked into a king room, but when asking if it was on the first floor so I could go in/out to smoke, the gal at the desk said they have a smoking room on the first floor with 2 queen beds!!! WOW!! It was fantastic!!! The window in the rooms open, so that helped with the fresh air I like, and the bed/pillows were grand!!! This hotel has everything I could wish for!! The 24 hour free coffee in the lobby was always fresh and delish! I never had a problem with this hotel, and I will definitely come back as I plan to go to Flagstaff again and again. The location cannot be beat!!! Coco's restaurant left something to be desired, but I only ate there once. Thanks, Hilton Garden Inn!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear DLKS:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our HGI exclusive Sleep System beds. We truly appreciate your business and all your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again next time your in town.

Sincerely:

General Manger
Hilton Garden Inn-Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Wonderful bed! Let me say it again....Wonderful bed!! You controll it with a dial that lets you adjust the bed from soft to firm. We were so tired of beds that were too hard it was a true joy to stay here. Everything about this inn was excellent and the breakfasts were a full hot meal. Great attentive staff made our 3 day stay very enjoyable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Blooms65:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our HGI exclusive Sleep System beds and our all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast. We truly appreciate your business and all your kind words. I hope to see you again soon.

Sincerly:

General Manger
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a great little place to stop if you are in the area. I would highly recommend it! The room was very clean and the food that was provided by CoCo's next door is very good and well priced. We ordered it as room services and it wasn't overpriced like most hotels and they were very flexible with our special requests. Breakfast was good as well. I was pleasantly surprised with the wide selection of different foods. It is set up in a little smaller layout than other Hilton Garden Inns that I have been to, but no worse for it. The food was good and worth the price. The folks at the front desk were friendly but not that knowledgeable about where to go/what to do in the city if you only have one night/afternoon in town. Staying at a lot of hotels, that really isn't all that unusual but I usually ask anyways.

This hotel was easy to find, the rate was pretty good, rooms were clean, and the food was good. No complaints here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Mr. G:

We truly appreciate your taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Thanks for all your kind words. We hope too see you back next time your in town.

Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had two nights here. It is clean well serviced and the staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was good, all you want. The pool and sauna are very good and the spa was great. Well located. Try the restaurant next door, good value and very good food especially the fruit pies. Air con was good. You would have to try hard to fault it.

Room Tip: SWorry can't help we were on the ground floor.
Dear Geofflondon:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us in Flagstaff. We truly appreciate your business and all your kind words. We look forward to seeing you back next time your in town.

Cherokee Village, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were greeted kindly by the desk staff on our arrival following the Grand Canyon two day Mule Ride. One of the staff had done the ride and promptly showed us the hot tub and pool near the lobby as well as gave us some ice cold water. The rooms were well done with lots of storage space, a flat screen tv and a fairly large bathroom. Our room was very quiet. We opted not to pay for the breakfast but it looked good. Lots of folks were staying there on the way from a fancy car show so parking was limited. Had planned to stay two nights wish we could have.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Aturnee:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your kind words and your business. Hopefully we'll see you next time your in Flagstaff.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

The good:
The staff was very friendly. Brandy at the front desk was very cheerful and pleasant. So was the overnight guy at the front desk.
One staff member saw us coming from WAY across the parking lot and waited for us to arrive so he could hold the side door open for us. I didn't catch his name but I think it might have been in maintenance. Every staff member we crossed paths with smiled at us and greeted us warmly. It was very nice.

The room was very nice and clean. It even had a refrigerator and microwave! Free wi-fi!! However....

The bad:
We asked for a non-smoking room, and got one. But apparently on the first floor all the non-smoking rooms are on one side of the hall, and the smoking rooms are on the other side of the hall. Which was very unpleasant for me. The hallway was thick with the stench of stale cigarette smoke. So much so that any time I was in the hallway I had to cover my face with my sweatshirt, or try to hold my breath until I got outside.
Worse still, every time someone across the hall opened their door, a cloud of smoke would escape and seep through the large gap under my door. I had to stuff a wet towel in the gap under the door and leave the window open all night for it to be bearable. Nevertheless, we still got some smoke a several times a night.

Unfortunately our room was located very close to the end of the wing where the room attendant's offices and laundry for the hotel was located. This translates into a lot of noise for several hours early in the morning. In my half asleep state, it sounded like bowling balls were being thrown at the walls around me. In addition to loud conversations outside my door. Good thing there were extra pillows on the bed so I could try to block out the noise.

Another thing that I cant stand when staying at a hotel, and for whatever reason hotel management has not yet caught on to, is the alarm clock. Why is it that every time I am at a hotel, the alarm clock goes off at the worst possible time, obviously set by the previous tenant? This time the alarm went off at 2am, 120db of static that would wake up the dead. Maybe the previous tenant was hard of hearing?
Anyways, I don't understand why the cleaning crew who prepares the room for the next people cant check the alarm clock as part of their duties so this doesn't happen?! It seems so simple to me.

Room Tip: Smokers and early risers, have no fear! You'll be at home here. Every one else, either ask for a...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wildweaself4e
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us in Flagstaff. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I am so sorry to hear that smoke was an issue during your stay. We know how unpleasant the smell can be for some guests and do our best to prevent the transference from smoking to non-smoking rooms. I also understand that noise was an issue in your room; I know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling and regret we were unable to provide this. I apologize that you're comfort was interrupted by staff and an unplanned alarm and I have shared your review with our team to work towards preventing this issue in the future. Moving forward, disarming the alarm clock will be an item on our housekeeping checklist. I do hope the next time you return to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Hotel was typical Garden Inn variety except for one thing. The Great Grill breakfast was like none other at a Garden Inn. There was no grill for cook to order omlets. The whole breakfast was just a notch above Hampton Inn. But wait...they still wanted the normal charge for a Great Grill breakfast of $9.95. There is a Cocos resturant next door and I saw an employee bringing hot containers of food to the hotel so I assume they use Cocos as there chef.

Room Tip: Hotel sits on a hill so make sure you use the parking brake.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Zman0131:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We apprecaite your kind words about the hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our breakfast buffet. Yes, our breakfast is a bit different than most Garden Inn's and we charge for it, but it’s a full, breakfast buffet with everything you need to start your day off right. It’s not just cereal and a few pastries—it’s prepared daily with fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, french toast, potatoes, bisquits and gravey, waffles, fresh fruits and much more, and its all you can eat.

Please consider giving us another chance the next time you are in Flagstaff. We are eager to show you an exceptional breakfast experience.

Hilton Garden Inn-Flagstaff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flagstaff
Little America Hotel Flagstaff
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Flagstaff
Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff
Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Casa Sedona Inn
Casa Sedona Inn
#3 of 48 in Sedona
Embassy Suites by Hilton Flagstaff

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff? Share your experiences!