“Excellent service, staff, location etc.”

Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our 4th anniversary and couldn't have asked for more. The staff was amazing, the location was convenient and beautiful and every minor issue that we had was taken care of instantaneously. We will be going here every time we visit Flagstaff.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor, away from the elevator!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aaron B

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Good hotel with nice rooms but a long way outside of the city centre. The major problem appears to be is that this hotel only has a single elevator and it is VERY SLOW.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I'm a diamond member ask the guy at front desk this morning for a water he said that is only on check in.....I walked over to the other desk gal and she just handed me a bottle water.........spent $156.03 we will never be at this property again.....breakfast sucks warning if not a diamond you will pay $10.00 more for breakfast :-( Hampton inns it's FREE

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear Truthalways52:

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel staff, our breakfast and our free bottled waters at check in did not meet your expectations.

It is the truth that we give 2 free bottlles of water to all of our guests at check in. After that we sell them in our lobby pantry from $2 - $3 dollars depending on the size. It is also the truth that our buffet breakfast is $9.95 for adults and $4.95 for children. But for All-You-Can-Eat Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Ham, French Toast, Bisquits and Gravey, Waffles, Fresh Fruits and much more we feel its a great value. Next time you stay with us please ask us about your MY WAY Preference, for Diamond members like yourself it gives you the choice of 750 bonus points OR free breakfast.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Toby Gladden
Hilton Garden Inn-Flagstaff

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Perhaps if I was on the 3rd floor I wouldn't have to give this review. I have never stayed in a Hilton where I could hear so many footsteps and noises from other rooms upstairs. Some steps shook the light fixtures in our room, waking both my wife and I. I think the location of this hotel is convenient, but navigating to this property's driveway can be a challenge. The beds were nice, and the room was average.

The HHonors perk here was getting to choose between a free water, beer, or wine when you checked in. The breakfast area had a great waiter, and the buffet was up to par with our high-expectations at the Hilton. Breakfast was free for HHonors folks, and we had a good stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 2nd or 1st floor here. Get a room on the 3rd floor so you won't be awaken...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank uptownmatt
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We liked this hotel and the location. When we drove up, we were impressed with the beautiful area and good place to grab a bite within walking distance. When we went to check in (at 6pm ) our room was not ready. I guess when I saw the "housekeeping help wanted" outside, I shouldn't have been surprised :) We decided to grab dinner and come back. When we came back our room was ready and they offered two free breakfasts for the inconvenience. Kudos for them! Great way of saying that they were sorry they let us down. We were pleased. The front desk help was awesome. We were very pleased with them as well. Would we stay here again? Probably not. We did not like the bed. I don't know what kind it is..but it seemed to have two settings. Hard and Harder. We both woke up sore. If this doesn't bother you, then this is a nice property. They do not offer a complementary breakfast though. The breakfast is typically 9.99. It is the same type of breakfast we have had for free at other hotels. Getting it comp did help as I wouldn't have probably paid for it. Our room was a handicapped room (we did not need a handicapped room) but it was nice and clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our second visit here (last time a few year ago), we very much enjoyed our staff. Very friendly staff, and a quiet and comfortable room. A convenient location and great place to stay in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I agree with the other reviewer that says it was quite possible the worst bed I have slept on in a hotel. It was not comfortable for me. Even on the softest setting, it was hard as a rock! There are controls for each side, which are nice.

Staff here, however, was great! Bryan at check in was very pleasant, and provided us with two bottles of water. Check in was quick and easy. This hotel was very clean looking and the lobby was quite inviting with the fireplace. We did not eat breakfast here, so I cannot comment on that.

The King room was clean and spacious. Desk, chair and ottoman, flat screen tv, refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot all present in the room. I would recommend requesting a room on the top floor, as noise from above was an issue. If you are a sound sleeper, I guess it wouldn't matter. Also expect to get a bit of noise from your neighbor, as the walls don't seem to block out much noise.

Overall, an ok stay. The staff are great, but those beds! Those beds would make me look elsewhere for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to avoid the noise from above you. You'll still get your neighbors noise, b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple