“You can stay here without worries!”

Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We just pulled in from Mesa and my family is already cached. The beds are COMFORTABLE, room is sparkling clean, bright, cheerful decor, friendly staff. great shower, microwave and fridge, fluffy towels. Really, this place has everything you need for an overnight stay. The pool looks nice. The phone clerk was going to charge us for breakfast, but the desk clerk just included it gratis when I showed him my AAA card. Lobby is welcoming - cold here now so the fire was a nice touch. Lots of people are staying here but our room is very quiet. Laundry facilities seem to work just fine ... only $1 each for a wash and dry!

Room Tip: Just tell the front desk what you want and they seem to do their best to accomodate you.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank BlueRibbonCookies
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Dear BlueRibbonCookies:

Thanks for the Excellent Review! We truly appreciate all your kind words.

As a fellow cookie connoisseur it was unfortunate I didn’t read anything in your review about how you felt about our complimentary cookie offering at the front desk so next time your in town you'll have to stop by and try one out and give us your thoughts! Also your tip about telling the front desk exactly what you want was perfect. The more details our guests provide us with, especially during the reservation process, the better service we will be able to deliver at check in and throughout your stay. Again thanks for sharing your thoughts. We hope to see you again soon!

Hilton Garden Inn-Flagstaff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed here two nights as part of a trip to the Grand Canyon. This is a solid hotel, with very nice amenities. Good pool, god exercise center etc. Staff very courteous and helpful. One drawback. They charge 10 bucks for breakfast, whether you only have toast and coffee, or the full meal deal. Go somewhere else for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank olytraveler_10

Dear Olytraveler-10:

Thanks for all your kind words and your really high marks. We truly appreciate it.

As you stated in your review yes, we charge for our breakfast, but it’s a full, hot breakfast buffett with everything you need to start your day off right. It’s not just cereal, toast and a few pastries—it’s cooked with fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, potatoes, french toast, bisquits & gravey, waffles anyway you like it and much more.

Again thank for the excellent review, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

On a trip to Grand Canyon, Brian at front desk made us feel like family.
He was sincere with enthusiasm at every corner of the stay and took time to give us great directions to a restaurant downtown.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear Shrink11:

Thanks for the excellent review! We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2011

As a Hilton Honors member I have stayed at a lot of Hilton Hotels. The Garden Inns have become my favorite of the Hilton Family. But, this Garden Inn went beyond the usual. All Garden have complementary cookies but this one also had free candies. Usually Garden Inns give 2 bottles of water for Honors members but with this hotel they gave you a choice of various bottled drinks, such as sodas or fruit drinks along with wine, etc. What a nice touch.

The room was clean, quite and everything was in good condition.

The front desk staff were very nice. They greeted the guests each time they passed by the desk.

In summary, it was a very pleasant stay and I definitely would stay at this hotel again..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank bunnyc418
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Dear bunnyc418:

Thank you so much for the excellent review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed all the extra goodies we included with your HHonors membership especially some pre-halloween chocolates! We truly appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

One of the things that I've learned to love about the HGI is that after a long day of driving, I can check in, go down to the Grill, order a glass of wine, dinner, and enjoy conversation with the bar tender and wait staff. Only this HGI owns the restaurant (Coco's) next door, so they don't provide a Great American Grill. What's more, the room menu is paltry. The room was a typical HGI room, clean, comfortable. When I checked in, the front desk was staffed by a chipper young man, who was more interested in delivering his spiel than in the fact that I was tired and anxious to get to my room. My stays at HGI throughout this trip have run between $94 and $106 a night. At Flagstaff I paid $123, and it certainly wasn't the value I received at either Amarillo or North Little Rock for a lot less. Flagstaff has grown so much over the last time I was through there a decade ago, that I'll probably avoid it from now on. But, if I do find myself there again, I would most likely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan T

Dear SomRev:

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding the experiences during your recent stay. Your comments and scores are one of the best tools we have for maintaining the highest level of comfort and service that our guest expect and deserve. We value and appreciate your honest and constructive feedback.

As you stated our Great American Grill is breakfast only but we have a Coco's Bakery and Restaurant on the same property which provides great lunch and dinner services for dine-in or room service here at the hotel. Like most HGI's we also have a Pavillion Pantry where we have a very nice selection of Beer and Wine's for sell which can be enjoyed in our Pavillion lobby seating areas or in the privacy of your own room.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to complete a review and look forward to serving you again in the near future with the excellence you have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. Should you have any questions or require additional assistance please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel is in a complex with several other hotel chains and is quite a way from the town centre. However the staff were helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable. We had breakfast here the first morning - avoid it at all costs - it's not worth the money. Instaed go next door to Coco's who offer great food ll day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ProfSnap
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Dear ProfSnap:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding the experiences you've had during your recent stay. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and wanted to thank you for all your kind words. I was sorry to hear you didnt enjoy our breakfast at the Great American Grill. We serve a full, cooked buffet breakfast, Thus, we charge for it. We don’t just give you powdered eggs, cereal, yogurt and a few pastries. We give you your choice of fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, sliced ham, potatoes, bisquits & gravey, waffles, French toast, pastries, cereals, hot oatmeal, fresh fruits and much more. It’s a step above most hotels’ free breakfast offerings.

I want to assure you that your remarks have been shared with the appropriate staff members to ensure that we can offer the same level of comfort and service to all our guests.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to complete this review and look forward to serving you again in the near future with the excellence you have come to expect from the Hilton Garden Inn.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

This HG is older than others I have stayed in and just okay. Beds were comfortable. But to our great annoyance we couldn't close the curtains. So we had to wake up with the sun because there was no way to stop the sun from coming in! Annoying and not what we planned.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear RougeUSA:

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our GSS adjustable beds. I want to personally apologize for the problems you encountered with the drapes not closing in the rooms. I assure you that's not the norm and we will get that fixed right away.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.