“Overpriced”

GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Overpriced”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

One of the things that I've learned to love about the HGI is that after a long day of driving, I can check in, go down to the Grill, order a glass of wine, dinner, and enjoy conversation with the bar tender and wait staff. Only this HGI owns the restaurant (Coco's) next door, so they don't provide a Great American Grill. What's more, the room menu is paltry. The room was a typical HGI room, clean, comfortable. When I checked in, the front desk was staffed by a chipper young man, who was more interested in delivering his spiel than in the fact that I was tired and anxious to get to my room. My stays at HGI throughout this trip have run between $94 and $106 a night. At Flagstaff I paid $123, and it certainly wasn't the value I received at either Amarillo or North Little Rock for a lot less. Flagstaff has grown so much over the last time I was through there a decade ago, that I'll probably avoid it from now on. But, if I do find myself there again, I would most likely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan T
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear SomRev:

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding the experiences during your recent stay. Your comments and scores are one of the best tools we have for maintaining the highest level of comfort and service that our guest expect and deserve. We value and appreciate your honest and constructive feedback.

As you stated our Great American Grill is breakfast only but we have a Coco's Bakery and Restaurant on the same property which provides great lunch and dinner services for dine-in or room service here at the hotel. Like most HGI's we also have a Pavillion Pantry where we have a very nice selection of Beer and Wine's for sell which can be enjoyed in our Pavillion lobby seating areas or in the privacy of your own room.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to complete a review and look forward to serving you again in the near future with the excellence you have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. Should you have any questions or require additional assistance please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Hilton Garden Inn-Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
England
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel is in a complex with several other hotel chains and is quite a way from the town centre. However the staff were helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable. We had breakfast here the first morning - avoid it at all costs - it's not worth the money. Instaed go next door to Coco's who offer great food ll day.

1 Thank ProfSnap
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear ProfSnap:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding the experiences you've had during your recent stay. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and wanted to thank you for all your kind words. I was sorry to hear you didnt enjoy our breakfast at the Great American Grill. We serve a full, cooked buffet breakfast, Thus, we charge for it. We don’t just give you powdered eggs, cereal, yogurt and a few pastries. We give you your choice of fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, sliced ham, potatoes, bisquits & gravey, waffles, French toast, pastries, cereals, hot oatmeal, fresh fruits and much more. It’s a step above most hotels’ free breakfast offerings.

I want to assure you that your remarks have been shared with the appropriate staff members to ensure that we can offer the same level of comfort and service to all our guests.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to complete this review and look forward to serving you again in the near future with the excellence you have come to expect from the Hilton Garden Inn.

USA
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This HG is older than others I have stayed in and just okay. Beds were comfortable. But to our great annoyance we couldn't close the curtains. So we had to wake up with the sun because there was no way to stop the sun from coming in! Annoying and not what we planned.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear RougeUSA:

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed the comfort of our GSS adjustable beds. I want to personally apologize for the problems you encountered with the drapes not closing in the rooms. I assure you that's not the norm and we will get that fixed right away.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Very welcoming and knowledgeable front desk staff. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Buffet breakfast was very good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thanks for all the kind words. We truly appreciate it!

Omaha, NE
Reviewed October 9, 2011

First of all, finding this hotel was rather easy just off the interstate. We stayed at this location because of the value, and proximity to the interstate. It was our home while checking out the Grand Canyon and other destinations. Our welcome at check-in was very good. The room was fabulous. We were explained that the firmness of the bed was adjustable, and were told how to do that. Very clean facilities, a good decent sized bathroom. A 42 inch inch flat-screen tv was available along with free wi-fi, fridge & microwave. Buffet breakfast available every morning for $9.95, and this was good as well. If in the area again, would stay for sure.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear RDS4952:

Thank you for the very nice review. We truly appreciate it!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I am very happy with this hotel. I will come back again.
The room is roomy, clean, bathroom has provided Netrogena shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and mouth wash. Clean towels, decent bed. Close to local shops, restaurants, easy to get in and out. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. We were also given 2 bottles of drinking water free on our arrival. Nice shower heads with different message modes.

Mesa AZ
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Let me begin by saying I'm pretty judicious. I used to be the director of quality and training for a major hotel chain and I have a scorecard imbedded in my head, so I'm ticking it off as I arrive. First, the extra pleasant front desk staff greeted us well before we ever got to the desk. Our short walk into the beautiful lobby was delightful! A young man welcomed us, took care of us promptly, asked if he could schedule a wake-up call, gave us a couple of ice cold bottles of water and sent us on our way completely satisfied. BTW - I love the new little pantry in the front offering snacks, beverages, even wine and beer. Very nice touch - and NOT in-room refreshment center prices. The lighting, walls and carpeting in the hallways is first rate, not like you're taking your death walk in prison like so many properties. The room - wow - the room was -get this Hilton - NICER than the Ritz Carlton downtown Atlanta where I stayed recently. The adjustable beds were the picture of comfort as were the ultra-soft comforter and pillows. All areas of the room were set up for what they were intended - no edging around the bed to get to a desk. Perfect. Quiet, away from railroad tracks which is a huge plus in Flag. Can honesly tell you my husband and I will stay NOWHERE else in Flagstaff after this experience. Oh - my scorecard - 100%! And I don't give that out very often.....

2 Thank AZspitfire