“One of the nicest hotels EVER” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mesa AZ
“One of the nicest hotels EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Let me begin by saying I'm pretty judicious. I used to be the director of quality and training for a major hotel chain and I have a scorecard imbedded in my head, so I'm ticking it off as I arrive. First, the extra pleasant front desk staff greeted us well before we ever got to the desk. Our short walk into the beautiful lobby was delightful! A young man welcomed us, took care of us promptly, asked if he could schedule a wake-up call, gave us a couple of ice cold bottles of water and sent us on our way completely satisfied. BTW - I love the new little pantry in the front offering snacks, beverages, even wine and beer. Very nice touch - and NOT in-room refreshment center prices. The lighting, walls and carpeting in the hallways is first rate, not like you're taking your death walk in prison like so many properties. The room - wow - the room was -get this Hilton - NICER than the Ritz Carlton downtown Atlanta where I stayed recently. The adjustable beds were the picture of comfort as were the ultra-soft comforter and pillows. All areas of the room were set up for what they were intended - no edging around the bed to get to a desk. Perfect. Quiet, away from railroad tracks which is a huge plus in Flag. Can honesly tell you my husband and I will stay NOWHERE else in Flagstaff after this experience. Oh - my scorecard - 100%! And I don't give that out very often.....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AZspitfire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Andover, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed there three nights. The location was very good the hotel it self was clean very quiet the bed was wonderful. The pool was fine nothing spectacular .The front desk staff was great gave us ideas where to go for dinner ect. We used the location as a base to see the Grand Canyon and Sedona. The restaurant next door coco was great for breakfast if you didn't want the buffet. They had coffee out and cookies at night and muffins in the morning it was a nice touch. Would stay again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tbkberg
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear tbkberg:

Thanks for the great review! We truly appreciate your kind words about the hotel and our restaurant Coco's. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you next time your in town!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

My girlfriend and I were driving from Tucson to Las Vegas and decided to spend two nights at this hotel to act as a base for our visit to the Grand Canyon, Sedona, Route 66 and Meteor Crater.

We were in the end very happy with the choice we made. The rooms and bed were large and comfortable, and we both received good nights sleep on both nights. As Hilton Points holders, we received tokens to be spent in the Hotel ‘Deli’ and this was very well stocked and a pleasant surprise to us.

The location of the hotel was exceptional, just off the main road allowing easy access to Flagstaff centre, and the two Interstates close by.

We ate out locally on both nights and did not use the gym or pool facilities, however they looked comprehensive and clean when we walked past.

Our one issue would be that for a relatively large hotel, there was only one lift/elevator, therefore it did feel that we had to spend an awfully long time waiting to get up and down from our room on the third floor of a three floor building!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neil R
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed for two nights. Very happy with everything associated with this hotel. Lobby staff very friendly and helpful. Coco restaurant attached to the hotel has great food and a vary large menu and reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Jimbo4444
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Jimbo4444:

Thank you for all your kind words. I'm happy to hear you our hotel as well as our restaurant Coco's. We truly appreaciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely:

Warrington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Wonderful staff, large cosy rooms with adjustable beds. Handy for several eating places within walking distance.
Didnt use the pool but it looked very welcoming. Complimentary coffee was welcome prior to heading off for the day.
Not luxurious but everything you could wish for on a tour around Arizona to chill out.
Fail to see how anyone could be disappointed with this hotel. Wish the UK had a few more like this!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaulandChris09
Dear PaulandChris09:

Thank you for the great review. We truly appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your experience with us. We appreciate your buiness and look forward to seeing again soon.

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

First, Thank you to Brian at the Front Desk. I called over the phone as I was pulling into town and by the time I arrived and parked at the hotel (free parking btw), he had everything ready to go, my room assigned, and expedited my check-in process in less than two minutes flat. Very friendly service and the entire hotel was light, airy, bright, and clean. When I got up to my room, everything was perfect. Really comfortable beds, coffeemaker and mini-fridge. I'd just driven from Northern New Mexico and had the best sleep I've had in a long time in that room. When you come here, be sure to check out Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers. It's a throwback kind of burger joint, I've never in my life tasted any burger quite like it. They literally cut thin slices of steak and use it to make a burger with a side of shoestring fries and yummy frozen custard treats. Freddy's is just a few blocks down the way from the Hilton garden inn.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Chris A
Santee, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

With this being a Hilton we had expected a little more. Don't get me wrong, the room was clean and the beds comfortable. Not sure if that staff was having an off night but they seemed very short with us when we asked a few questions. We got more help from others that were staying there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank 2travelersasof2001
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Dear 2traveler:

Thank you for your all your kind words. I'm happy to hear the comfort of the beds and the cleanliness of the rooms were good but I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not normal to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had.