“GREAT PLACE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Worked great for me! They were remodeling the lobby but took extra care to make me comfortable & happy. The breakfast was great with goo selections & a friendly helpful staff. I needed extra pillows & they brought them right up. Since I travel alone it's important to feel safe at a hotel & I surely did at the Hampton .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stopped here for a night before I had orientation at NAU. It was a great stay and the hotel was really nice. The prices were decent for the area and I was able to use points to upgrade. The pool/spa was really warm and breakfast was a great start.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Glendora, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We recently stayed here for a visit to visit NAU with our entire family. I called and spoke to Megan to reserve the room as we had a discount code and couldn't use it online. I also wanted to book a top floor. Megan was nice and helpful and I hung up feeling very pleased.
I had to call back a week before our visit and request a second room and again talked to Megan who was even able to keep both rooms together.
Due to us having to leave later than I thought I called the day of our stay to let them know we wouldn't be in until almost midnight. Again they were great.
We ended up arriving at midnite and were checked in by Clarence (or something close) who was so cheerful and helpful so late at night. Definitely not your typical night shift reception. He gave us done insight on travel times and wake up times for our weekend and was very helpful.
Our rooms were lovely, breakfast each morning was great and my kids enjoyed using the gym which had nothing broken or out of order.
We would absolutely stay here again. Thank you Hampton for making a long drive more pleasant!

• Stayed February 2013
Waukee, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We arrived after dark and went to the desk. There was someone in front of us but no one acknowledged that we were there. The prices were higher then some but the rooms were in definite need of update. Breakfast was adequate. Would probably not choose this place again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our stay was very good, just didn't get clean towels on 2nd day/night's stay (2 nights/1.5 days). Due to "renovation" the elevator we used the first was "out of service" the second night. Location of room was wonderful...view of San Francisco Peaks. Only thing I was not satisfied with was the payment, received receipt our 2nd night and was told that amount on the receipt would be charged to my credit card. Next day, I found out they overcharged my by almost $200 which was resolved BUT found another charge for 2nd night for extra room I did not reserved or used. Come on now!! this shouldn't happen because the overcharges messed with my personal bills and groceries I need to buy til my next payday for my family or gas for our vehicle. So far I have talked to 3 different customer service reps at their front desk regarding the overcharges, which is still in the progress "it's being credited to your account and may take a week" per the customer service rep today. (4 days after check out) SMH Should've stay at Motel 6.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Vanessa H
Saint Michaels, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Spent 2 nights at Hampton Inn while I was on business. I enjoyed my stay despite the lobby renovation. The voucher to receive free breakfast & lunch voucher made up for my inconvenience from the renovation. The hotel was quiet, even had the exercise room & sauna to myself morning and evening.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank darlene j
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

When I was leaving the hotel I stopped at the front desk and talked with the young lady attendant. Informed her that I was not told about the remodel at the time of reservation but the day before I saw the email from a STAFF member (that's probably why it was in my junk mail folder) that informed me of the remodel. I didn't want to make changes so left it alone. I informed her that the iron did not heat enough, the foldout bed seemed as if it wasn't made so I put another set of sheets on it. I also informed her that there was no one at the breakfast to inform that there was only one omelet in the pan and never filled and never saw an attendant during the time the 3 of us were having breakfast. She did apologize. I asked for the manager and he/she was not there. I asked her to have the manager contact me to discuss my experience. Never heard from the manager. While filling out this survey last night (about 24hrs ago), I found out from one of the questions regarding Hampton Inns 100% satisfaction. I stopped filling out the survey and decided to call the Hotel and talk with the manager to see if they could redeem themselves and try to make me "satisfied". Manager was not there--understandable since it was 9 or 10pm. I left my name and number with the gentleman on the phone. Did not hear from the manager. So here is my review.I had stayed at this location in the past without problems with good service. This time it was disappointing and the worse part is that my wife and I had a friend visiting from another country on vacation with us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family