“Friendly Service, Central Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed in a two room king suite. The layout was nicer than other 2 room suites we have stayed in with more privacy between the bedroom and the living area ( the door to the bedroom faces into a short hallway rather than directly into the living room)
Our room also had a gas fireplace which is a nice touch in the cooler climate of Flagstaff. We didn't use the air conditioning.

Nightstand in main bedroom had 2 USB plugs as well as standard plugs, handy for charging iPhones etc.

Great location within walking distance of several restaurants. Our room faced the mountains on the top floor. Nice outlook.

The decor of the hotel is styled on a rustic mountain cabin theme, using darker woods etc. we thought it was attractive and appropriate for Flagstaff. We had a very nice welcome from the girls at reception.

The is coffee all day in the lobby.

Standard Hampton breakfast. Nice cheese omelette, turkey sausages ( I'd prefer bacon) fresh fruit salad, yoghurt , cereals, bagels, pastries, muffins. Two waffle makers

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We booked this using my Hilton Honors points and paid for an extra night in a Double Queen room. So, I knew what to expect as far as a room went and the setup was exactly what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. We left checked out of our Sedona resort at 11:00am and drove up to Flagstaff which is about an hour or so. We were clearly early for check-in and I knew this, but thought I'd see what they had cleaned up already. Melanie at the front desk was clearly stressed out over "having to re-run the lists several times, and they are not ready" whatever that meant, but she barked her stress at the staff in front of me and that bled over to me when trying to check-in. My room wasn't ready (no surprise..that's cool). But she was clearly indicating what an inconvenience it was to have to show me what was available at the time of my early check-in. I guess I should feel fortunate that they accommodated me at all since check-in is at 4:00pm.

Rooms- Clean on arrival, prone to the highway noise, but you know that when you book it...it sits right on the highway. Coffee pot was broken. Called Melanie and about 30 minutes later a replacement arrived, but only after they had to fill up the old one to prove it was broken. While the girl was here with the replacement coffee pot, I had to ask her why my TV wasn't working. You are probably pushing the wrong buttons she says ( guess I had hillbilly rube tourist tattooed on my forehead) . Turns out the TV wasn't locking on the Digital channels and she pulled the plug from the back of the TV and waited for it to reset. I had to do this about 12 more times on my 2-day trip just to get the channels to lock back in. So much for this being my fault.

Service - We left the Do not disturb sign out until about 1:00pm as we were going to the Lowell Observatory and were making it a later night to view the stars. That was apparently too late for the cleaning crew because we arrived back at about 9:00pm to no room service, or phone call asking if we were in fact going to forfeit the service for the day. This was after waiting 5 minutes for the elevator to arrive, for which I informed the front desk and they were unaware. However, the maintenance man that let us into our room because our keys stopped working that day, in fact told us they are doing maintenance on it. There's a well informed staff.

Amenities- We used the pool in the morning and it was very clean, warm and plenty of towels. The breakfast was nice and had your typical hotel fare (eggs, waffles, biscuits, bagels, cereal, juice etc...) This was included in the price which is good when I travel with the family. Parking was close and didn't have an issue. No restaurant on-site but PLENTY within walking distance or even a 5 minute drive. They have these great little ChargePoints in the room to which you can plug in your USB chargers without needing a electrical outlet. Pretty cool since I have about a million gadgets that I carry with me despite my hillbilly rube tourist tattoo! Free Wi-Fi with HHonors and AT&T. There is a Del Taco in the parking lot that is open 24 hours for those late night munchies as well.

All said, I wouldn't look to this as a place to stay unless there were no other options in the area.

Room Tip: Away from freeway facing windows if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KevandKaren
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed two nights, one night in a king suite with a kitchen and one night in a standard room. The king suite was very nice but was located near the ice machine so was quite noisy. The standard room did not have sone of the amenities of newer Hamptons and was also noisy.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side of the hotel away from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My daughters (ages 7 & 10) stayed here for two nights while we were visiting the Grand Canyon. The location was perfect -- right off the highway and within walking distance of various restaurants. There were a few large groups of soccer teams also staying at the hotel, which made breakfast crowded, but the staff was always there refilling items with a smile on their face. The waffles were yummy, and the person on duty was incredibly helpful when she saw that I was having some difficulty with my waffle sticking in the waffle maker. She cleaned it out and offered to make one for us herself and bring it over.

We had a 5th floor room at the end of the hall (on the side away from the highway), so we weren't bothered by any noise. Overall, it met all of my expectations for a Hampton Inn and the location, breakfast selection and service exceeded them.

Room Tip: Get a high floor at the end of the hallway. A lot of kids stay here and they tend to run up and down...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was a little worried when I saw it was right off the highway. However, it was very quiet. Everything you expect from a decent hotel. Staff was very attentative.

Only problem was that there was no hot water in jacuzzi and the shower was medium-warm at best. Also, the air-conditioner was either off, or on. You couldn't set it to a certain temperature, like at home. Consequently, it ran all night and it was very cold in the morning, but too hot to keep off all night.

Room Tip: We were on top floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

First I was bit concerned about some of the comment from the past. Something must have changed since then because it was a very nice palce good rooms, nice staff and brekfast that was able to serve enough people, which is not always the case at other places.
Easy access to the highway and not noisy at all. If we around the area again certainly our first choise.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Four of us had been traveling for nearly 2 weeks, coming to the end of our trip when we booked 2 rooms here. From the first conversation when registering until breakfast and checkout the next morning everyone was courteous, smiling and extremely helpful. Paige gave us some good info on dinner that night and told us that our rooms would be very quiet even though the hotel was full, she was right! We came back from dinner, very good at Black Bart's Steakhouse, and wanted to play cards in the breakfast room Japhet overheard our discussion and said he would get a place for us better suited for card playing. What a great group of folks. Thanks to you all we had a great, but too short stay!

Room Tip: Downstairs near the pool are just 2 rooms, VERY quiet, no noise at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends