“Good place to stay in Flagstaff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Chandler, United States
“Good place to stay in Flagstaff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Overall, a nice property. We found the front desk staff to be very nice and presentable. The hotel was clean as was the room and quiet. The only drawback was a weird smell from the cleaning products used in the room and stiff sheets. The breakfast is typical of most of these properties, and the girl supporting it was very attentive to keeping the food stocked and the area clean.This hotel is pretty close to any where you want to go around Flagstaff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jonathan H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review. I'm glad you found our staff to your liking. They truly are the backbone to this property! I'll be sure to share your feedback with them and address the areas we could improve on. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Jonathan Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
West Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a short business trip combined with local sightseeing. The hotel's location provides quick access to both northbound and southbound highways - ideal for visitors who want to check out the areas north (Grand Canyon and Navajo reservation) and south (Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona) of Flagstaff. I haven't stayed in many Hampton Inns but I was impressed with this one from the start. At check-in I was greeted with freshly baked cookies. The service was excellent and I had no complaints whatsoever about my room which was on the second floor. Wifi (no extra charge) worked perfectly in my room throughout my stay. The breakfast offerings included waffles, pastries, bagels, muffins, fruits, juices, milk and cereals, yogurt, granola, oatmeal, and hot eggs/bacon/sausage. I sampled most of these during my stay and was satisfied with the quality. I don't know how the prices range throughout the year, but in July this hotel was a great value for what you get. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Flagstaff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review. Here at the Hampton Inn Flagstaff we insure that our team is trained to the highest standards in order to provide the very best service. If you are ever in Flagstaff again , we'd be more than happy to have you again.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Hampton Inn on Lockett Road is horrible -- old, dark, and dirty. No one stays here. Make sure you book the other location. The staff is not helpful or friendly either. Wifi is difficult to use. Also, there is a railroad crossing nearby. All around bad experience. I wish Hampton Inn still sent the post stay surveys.

Room Tip: be sure to ask for a room on the back side to avoid hearing the railroad.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank mia w
Mia,

Thank you for sharing a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I understand that the appearance of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff was a concern, and we are working to correct the issue. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us at our hotel; we would love to have you. Thank you!

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We checked in after a long drive from Oklahoma City. Our room was warm. We turned the hvac unit on high and it put out a speed that was slower than a typical low. I checked the filter which was clean as could be. I went downstairs and asked the desk clerk if they had an over ride which they did not. He suggested opening the window. I went to the car and got a small fan I had. I did open the window but the screen wasn't secure and I didn't want a mosquito infestation so we made due with the little fan and lackluster ac. I approached the morning clerk regarding the ac issue. She offered to initially deduct $25 from the bill. I told her three of the four people in the room were congested because having the fan blowing on their faces otherwise it was too warm. (I'd contacted a friend who works at Hampton who said they have a money back guarantee and it especially applies to ac, which I wasn't even aware of) I then asked to speak to a manager because I said I just didn't feel $25 was an acceptable amount for a room that we couldn't get comfortable. The desk clerk then offered the guarantee to us stating that the manager would call us with a follow up phone call (which did not happen). The motel was exceptionally clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was very good. I didn't like that I had to play a dance to get my money back but I did receive it so that's what matters. I stressed to the clerk to please have maintenance look at the unit because the fan speed definitely wasn't working.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shaneyboy73
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay with us. It's unfortunate that we were unable to accommodate you to the best of our abilities. I'll be sure to address the issue you experienced at check out with my front desk staff. If you're ever in Flagstaff again we'd love to show you what Hamptonality is all about.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This Hampton Inn is typical of the excellent experience you get with this chain of hotels.

I had a great stay from check in to check out. I stayed at this location during a cross country road trip, arriving in early evening and checking out the next morning after breakfast.

I like the fact that I can get ready, and eat a quick breakfast without having to go to a separate restaurant before hitting the road.

The room was clean and no problems with any of the amenities available. The hotel appeared to be well kept and clean and neat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, from check in to check out. Thank you for giving my team and I the opportunity to make your travel experience special. The whole Hampton team is dedicated to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Roxton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

There are many nicer places in town for much less money - check elsewhere first - if this is the last resort - be aware you are paying to much for the quality of the hotel! The hotel is showing it's age and the beds are very uncomfortable. Not what I'm used to getting at Hampton.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Pattie M
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Unfortunately since it is high season in Flagstaff the rates tend to increase. I will share your concerns with my team in order to offer nothing less than an excellent experience. If you are ever in the area, we'd appreciate the opportunity to provide you with great hospitality.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel was newer, cleaner, friendlier and the service was superb. Aaron at the front desk was very helpful. We told him about an unpleasant stay at the hotel next door, he offered to put us at the back at a quiet location. The frig. door wouldn't shut, the maintenance man couldn't come for awhile so he came right up and fixed it. The breakfast equaled a restaurant, eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit and more. The pool and jacuzzi was clean.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise ask for a room away from route 66.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank scarlettburnett
Jonathan H, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback. Aarin is one of our strongest front desk agents, I'll be sure to reward him for his hard work. My team and I are happy to have ensured your satisfaction. Please visit us soon.