“A very pleasant week's stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Arlington, Virginia
“A very pleasant week's stay”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I reviewed this hotel on Tripadvisor before I booked, and was pleasantly surprised by the manager's prompt responses. I stayed a week here to be close to my Arizona family and was delighted by the comfort and quality. Loved the fresh duvet on bed. I swam in the pool each morning, enjoyed being able to do laps. Yoshira welcomed me at front desk on arrival, she and Claudia were my friendly greeters in the mornings, making sure I had what I needed and felt at home. Pretty good breakfast in the lobby, though after a few days I needed a change, was happy to have microwave and refrigerator in my room. Despite proximity to railroad tracks, I was never disturbed by noise. I will stay here again, with pleasure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Wow! What a great review. Thank you so much for your feedback. Our team members are always excited when they get mentioned by name and Yoshira and Claudia are no different. From all of us at the Hampton Inn Flagstaff, Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Albuquerque
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The check-in/check-out process was simple. The staff was friendly. The room was neat and clean and had a "new" smell to it. We got a group rate due to us being in town with our daughter's soccer team. I felt the rate was a little high initially but am, overall, pleased with our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad to hear you had a "Good Experience". Here at the Hampton Inn Flagstaff we are all about creating a memorable stay. We are always happy to host incoming sports teams and are thrilled that you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for your review!
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our housekeeper Eva was excellent. We wrote the stuff we needed for the next night and everything was there. Knowing what we needed saves us time, but it specially helps us if everything is at our reach.

• Stayed May 2013
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for feedback! I know Eva will be very happy to read your review. Reviews like yours, really help us recognize our star players and grow as a team. We always appreciate the kind words of our guest. Thank you again!
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stay in Hampton Inns a lot - driving highway 40. They are always decent and reliable, but! This last trip, we accidentally made a reservation at the hotel above - We couldn't find it readily because it was not one we had stayed in before. What a surprise and a pleasure. This particular Inn was in the trees, and so charming. The furniture was light wood. The bathroom was wonderfully lit. It was rather small - more boutique than 200 room in and out. We loved it for one night and will certainly return to spend 2 or 3 nights the next time we visit the area.
More Lodge than drop in to sleep place - A real discovery.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
"A franchise hotel with charm and personality". Thank you so much for such a kind description. I couldn't be happier to be described in such a way. Here at the Hampton Inn East Flagstaff, that is exactly what we strive to be. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We would love to have you back again. Thank you!
New York, NY
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Hampton Inn while visiting Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon earlier this month. It was absolutely the best place I stayed at during my two week trip. Since I first arrived until check out, we were given top notch care. I have nothing but great things to say about the entire staff who were extremely welcoming the entire time there. When checking in I had misplaced my wallet and Jonathan and Claudia at the desk went above and beyond to help me look for it outside in the dark. After a long drive it felt great to be greeted so warmly at the front desk. Claudia was especially friendly and helpful. She not only calmed me down about my missing wallet (which I eventually found) but was extremely helpful and informative about things to see in the area and regarding any other questions or concerns we had about our stay and room. The hotel room was fresh and clean. All the bedding appeared brand new and I was well rested with the comfortable and fluffy pillows and blanket. Breakfast was delicious with a great and satisfying selection. I looked forward to the scrambled eggs each morning! Although I never used them, the breakfast to go bags that were available up front are a fantastic idea! A decent selection of teas and coffee were readily available 24 hours down at the lobby and cookies at the front desk in the evening! The pool and jaccuzzi were warm and clean. Great location if you're looking for some place to drive from to visit the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and the Arizona/southern Utah area. I couldn't recommend this hotel any more!! It was like a home away from home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a great review! I am truly honored by your feedback. Reviews such as yours really help us rally as a team and pull together to continue to deliver great service. Jonathan and Claudia were both thrilled to see your words. From all of us at Hampton Inn Flagstaff, Thank you!
Ontario, California
Reviewed May 10, 2013

front desk was very enthusiastic in accepting and discharging my visit; room was very clean and bedding was fresh and comfortable; quiet location; breakfast could use a little more variety on the eggs, potatoes, bacon, etc. maybe omelets...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bjbernath
Glad we could be a pleasant stop on your "trip homeward". We are thrilled to hear that the front desk was enthusiastic and that rooms were clean and fresh. Here at the Hampton Inn East Flagstaff, that is what we are all about. Thank you for your feedback on breakfast. Maybe we can change it up a little to make it even better! Thank you for the review.
Elephant Butte, New Mexico
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Positives are that the staff is friendly, helpful and professional. Early check in was not a problem. The room was adequate and had the amenities we requested. The hotel was quiet, not the road noise you get close to the highway. However, the hotel is hard to find. The facility is old and looks like they might be trying to do some maintenance or small upgrades. The sheets and towels had a very bad odor, especially when wet. I believe it was the cleaning supplies used for the laundry. The odor was not as offensive to my husband as it was to me but was still not very pleasant. We choose Hampton's when we travel and will continue to do so.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I very happy to hear that the staff was friendly and professional. Here at the Hampton Inn Flagstaff we are all about delivering an excellent guest experience. I apologize for the difficulty in finding the location. We are tucked back in the beautiful woods of Flagstaff. I am thrilled to hear that you will continue to stay with Hampton and hope you come back to see us again!