“A Franchise Hotel With Charm and Personality”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stay in Hampton Inns a lot - driving highway 40. They are always decent and reliable, but! This last trip, we accidentally made a reservation at the hotel above - We couldn't find it readily because it was not one we had stayed in before. What a surprise and a pleasure. This particular Inn was in the trees, and so charming. The furniture was light wood. The bathroom was wonderfully lit. It was rather small - more boutique than 200 room in and out. We loved it for one night and will certainly return to spend 2 or 3 nights the next time we visit the area.
More Lodge than drop in to sleep place - A real discovery.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

"A franchise hotel with charm and personality". Thank you so much for such a kind description. I couldn't be happier to be described in such a way. Here at the Hampton Inn East Flagstaff, that is exactly what we strive to be. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We would love to have you back again. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Hampton Inn while visiting Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon earlier this month. It was absolutely the best place I stayed at during my two week trip. Since I first arrived until check out, we were given top notch care. I have nothing but great things to say about the entire staff who were extremely welcoming the entire time there. When checking in I had misplaced my wallet and Jonathan and Claudia at the desk went above and beyond to help me look for it outside in the dark. After a long drive it felt great to be greeted so warmly at the front desk. Claudia was especially friendly and helpful. She not only calmed me down about my missing wallet (which I eventually found) but was extremely helpful and informative about things to see in the area and regarding any other questions or concerns we had about our stay and room. The hotel room was fresh and clean. All the bedding appeared brand new and I was well rested with the comfortable and fluffy pillows and blanket. Breakfast was delicious with a great and satisfying selection. I looked forward to the scrambled eggs each morning! Although I never used them, the breakfast to go bags that were available up front are a fantastic idea! A decent selection of teas and coffee were readily available 24 hours down at the lobby and cookies at the front desk in the evening! The pool and jaccuzzi were warm and clean. Great location if you're looking for some place to drive from to visit the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and the Arizona/southern Utah area. I couldn't recommend this hotel any more!! It was like a home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a great review! I am truly honored by your feedback. Reviews such as yours really help us rally as a team and pull together to continue to deliver great service. Jonathan and Claudia were both thrilled to see your words. From all of us at Hampton Inn Flagstaff, Thank you!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

front desk was very enthusiastic in accepting and discharging my visit; room was very clean and bedding was fresh and comfortable; quiet location; breakfast could use a little more variety on the eggs, potatoes, bacon, etc. maybe omelets...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bjbernath

Glad we could be a pleasant stop on your "trip homeward". We are thrilled to hear that the front desk was enthusiastic and that rooms were clean and fresh. Here at the Hampton Inn East Flagstaff, that is what we are all about. Thank you for your feedback on breakfast. Maybe we can change it up a little to make it even better! Thank you for the review.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Positives are that the staff is friendly, helpful and professional. Early check in was not a problem. The room was adequate and had the amenities we requested. The hotel was quiet, not the road noise you get close to the highway. However, the hotel is hard to find. The facility is old and looks like they might be trying to do some maintenance or small upgrades. The sheets and towels had a very bad odor, especially when wet. I believe it was the cleaning supplies used for the laundry. The odor was not as offensive to my husband as it was to me but was still not very pleasant. We choose Hampton's when we travel and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I very happy to hear that the staff was friendly and professional. Here at the Hampton Inn Flagstaff we are all about delivering an excellent guest experience. I apologize for the difficulty in finding the location. We are tucked back in the beautiful woods of Flagstaff. I am thrilled to hear that you will continue to stay with Hampton and hope you come back to see us again!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We carry a Hampton Inn directory with us on every trip. This trip out for nine nights and were able to stay in Hampton Hotels seven of them. Always clean, friendly and breakfast hot and coffee very good. Only problem was someone checking in after we had retired for the night. They apparently were trying to get into the wrong room and made so much noise with our door that we both were awakened but they finally went away before we had to call the front desk. We know this is not the fault of the hotel, just some confused guest.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you the great review. We love to have you here at the Hampton Inn East Flagstaff. Creating that Hampton experience is what we are all about. Next time we will try to cut back on the wandering guest :) Hope you come see us again!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Many of the hotels in Flagstaff border the freeway and the railroad. This Hampton sits back a bit hidden behind the Days Inn and is pretty quiet. For whatever reason, the City of Flagstaff hasn't put enough pressure on the railroads to not blast their horns as they roll through town (I know; fed regulations blah blah) and you will hear them, but at least in this hotel it'll be fairly muted.
As a Hampton devotee, this property really surprised me in condition. The breakfast was not even close. But Jesse and Jonathan and the rest of the staff were excellent. Renovations are underway but the property owners need to step it up.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 24601JB
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Guest feedback really helps us grow and develop as a team. I'm glad to hear that Jonathan and I were able to take care of you and that the rest of the staff was wonderful. We do have some great upgrades coming and we would love to show them off to you the next time you are in Flagstaff. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

What a wonderful stay! Clean, new, and a good value. Made the mistake of going one exit down and being persuaded to stay at another brand's hotel due to the new "shiny" sign. What a mistake! The place was old, dirty, and a disappointment from the lobby to the rooms ... and I paid the same price!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Denise M
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Except no imitations. We are Hampton! Here at the Hampton Inn Flagstaff we are all about Hamptonality. We are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for sharing you kind review and we can't wait to see you again. Thank you!