New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great location, warm and friendly staff, wonderfully appointed and clean rooms. A great place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn Flagstaff because its location near historic downtown area on the famous Rt. 66. The staff could not have been nicer, more accomodating and all around helpful. The rooms were very clean, well maintained and tastefully decorated. We will definetly be returning for another stay and will recommend this hotel highly to our friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank julie b
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Here at Hampton we love hearing that! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. This will be shared with all of our team members. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Antelope, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Flagstaff for two nights as a stop to visit the Grand Canyon and it was wonderful. The staff was fantastic, so polite and the rooms are clean and wonderful. The mornings were a breeze, stop by for a super easy and delish breakfast where the staff is there is promptly refill and clean up, Ana (a extremely friendly staff member) was there to make sure nothing was unattended, that all of the tables were cleaned the second a guest got up to leave and that everyones needs were met. There was a misunderstanding with my rate at booking and the reception staff not only took care of it for my room but for the room I booked for my best friend and husband. We will most definately visist AZ again, and will stay at the Hampton! OHHHH how could I forget to mention...the sheets were the highest quaility and they smelled like rasberries...it was delightful!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LouAnn K
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. It is great to hear about an all around great stay. This will be shared with all departments and especially with Ana. Thank you for your feedback!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have stayed at hampton inns a lot over the past few years. Angelina Vargas checked us in and she seemed genuinely excited to have us there. She recognized me as a gold member and that I was using points for this stay. She was so nice and helpful gave us directions to where we needed. I came back after checking in and she asked if everything was ok and had a list of local restaurants ready for me, as I had mentioned at check in I may want a reccommendation. Her reccommendation was amazing and we had great food and entertainment! She anticipated my needs, genuinely wanted me there as a customer, and treated me with respect, and went above and beyond! I hope she gets recognized for her awesome service!!! I will continue to be a loyal Hilton / Hampton customer, because of people and service like hers!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Jeffery818
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Angelina will definitely be recognized for going above and beyond. I am thrilled that you took the time to share this review with us. We love hearing about the great things our team is doing. Thank you so much.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Professional hotel management. Manager (Angelina V,) in charge provided superb customer service and went out of her way to accommodate us in every way possible. Will definitely make a return visit to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jesse B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. Angelina is great team member and I am so happy you shared your comments about her. I know she will enjoy reading your review. We look forward to seeing you again!
Ridgecrest, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

The room was small and run down. The comforthers on both beds were filled with huge lumps. It looked as if the stuffing clumped when washed. When I mentioned it to the staff I was told that it was intentional - part of the 'Cloud Nine' theme. Really? I cannot believe a hotel would have bedding that intentionally looks old and worn . The price was too high for the value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. The cloud nine system was created to give guest the feeling of sleeping on a cloud, though we have received some negative feedback on the "lumps" created in the duvet insert. Hampton is currently working on new bedding that will eliminate this problem. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has created and hope you continue to stay with Hampton family.
West Covina, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We've stayed here several times over the years. Great service, friendly staff, comfortable beds, outstanding breakfast selection. Within walking distance to Sizzler, Village Inn, and some fast food places. Lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SGilliom, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for this great review!
Windsor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Not that happy here. No view from our window 323, not enough power points or fixed connection for the internet, no fridge. Walls so thin that when the person next door leaned on his headboard it moved ours – very disconcerting. I could hear him coughing at night. It looked like an original Hampton and to me was no better than a larger motel and built to a poor standard.

I do require privacy at a hotel and I don’t want anyone to hear me or me to hear them. I also want to feel safe and moving walls does not tick the safe box. The sound of passing trains did not bother me at all. In summary it may suit you for one night but I will try elsewhere in future.

The Village Inn restaurant is next door serving ok food.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple