“Family snow ski trip”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Easy in and out. Clean rooms, pretty good breakfast. About 15 miles door to door for AZ Snowbowl. Everyone was very nice. Easy to get to food and/or food shopping. Paid the extra $5 for micro and fridge, well worth it.

1  Thank FLUSAMama
Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We didn't pay a lot for a good budget place to stay. Nice beds, big bathroom. Breakfast was also good (wafels, fruit)
One big point of criticism:
they used throwaway cups and plates. Very bad for the environement!
Good place when you are travelling through.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The beds were so uncomfortable that the carpet on the floor gave us better rest. Sleeping parallel to the headboard may be your best bet. I was told by another guest to choose the double bets over the queen/kings, they're actually comfortable.

Room Tip: Double Bed Rooms ONLY!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here one night with two teens and large dog. The location is near many restaurants, I-40 and about an hours drive from the Grand Canyon South rim. Efficient, but keep your expectations low, this hotel is showing a lot of wear. It provided us with a safe, comfortable place to sleep at a reasonable price.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We got into Flagstaff late on a wintry night; this experience reminds me why I need a smart phone. Got off freeway on south side of town and wandered around quite a bit looking for a place. There are several hotels advertised on that end but most are ucked away off the main drag and require some navigation to find. We visited a couple that were either full or pricey ($110 plus). Then we saw the La Quinta, which generally is a reasonable hotel chain with modest prices so we chose it. Room was $88 which I thought spendy for off-season, especially when we went inside. The first floor was pretty grubby and full of dog owners coming and going on their walks. I am a dog person so I don't mind that but it looked like a place where dogs would be comfortable: a little dark, grey rugs etc. To be fair, our second floor room was fairly large and comfortable. The free breakfast was pretty good and had lots of variety and condiments I really love to see like peanut butter and cream cheese to go with the bagels & muffins. It looked like make-your-own waffles drenched in syrup was the big hit with the fairly large breakfast crowd.
Anyway, many options on that side of town--I would do a little Internet work (maybe check out Trip Advisor!) next time before I settled for a place in Flagstaff. I notice from reviews that the dog owners like it!

Room Tip: Ask for second floor unless you have a dog
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CindyChoj
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed in the La Quinta two times during the last couple of days (12/27-12/29 and 12/31-01/01). Both times the receptionist was efficient, but not really friendly. The rooms are standard and as what you can expect for a hotel in this price category. When it comes to the cleanliness of the room it's a different thing. In the first room we found cut fingernails (and not only one) from the previous guest on the carpet as also quiet a couple of Pistachio shells. When we checked in today, the room was also not properly cleaned. There were still pieces of cut paper on the floor, a used sock from the previous guest in the wardrobe and hairs in the bathtub. We prebooked this hotel because of the good ratings and the location away from the interstate and the railway. It's quiet from the surroundings, but the toilet flushing can be heard over all the floors. The breakfast room is in the lobby itself and permanent door opening on a cold December day doesn't let you enjoy breakfast. We definitely won't book another night here.

2  Thank Markus H
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed at another hotel the previous night and it was terrible. My first choice was booked so we decided on Laquita. I have never stayed at one, and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean and roomy! Breakfast looked ok, but it shut down at 9am so we didn't make it to eat. Pets are allowed, but I never heard one dog bark. I know they were here because I had seen several upon check in. The room was very clean and roomy. I will stay again!!