“Beautiful town and hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Beautiful town and hotel”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and enjoyed our stay. I would have to say this hotel is very nice and accommodating. Pet friendly as we stayed with 2 cats. The breakfast and service was really good.

Room Tip: I would stay as far away from adjacent rooms as you can as the walls are very thin.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a bit outdated, but it will work if you're just wanting a nice clean room at a good price. The beds are comfy if not big (doubles, not queens). I would definitely ask for a room on the top floor - the walls are thin and the floors creeky (we heard every step from our upstairs neighbor). The rooms have refrigerators, microwaves and coffee pots. The bathrooms have a counter/sink inside and there's a small counter and mirror outside the bathroom too. The buffet is the usual. The hotel is 1.5 hours outside of the Grand Canyon park entrance.

• Stayed May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I like the hotel very much. It's in a quiet area and the room and surroundings, as well as the grounds were spotless. The bed was comfortable and very clean. There were two drawbacks that I found...I traveled with my dog and there is no place to eat in the dining area or keep her while I ate. I was told I could eat on the patio, (but it was too cold), or could get a tray for my room. I think if you're pet friendly, you should at least put a heater on the patio for cold mornings. It's hard when it's just you and your dog. The other issue was a door slamming during the later hours. Whether this was one inconsiderate guest or a couple of late arrivals, I don't know but it was enough to disrupt me while trying to fall asleep. Perhaps some method of preventing the door from hitting so hard would help. Overall, I would stay here again. Ample parking very close to my room, the dog area was close with little bags available, the general area was quiet, easy access to the main road, restaurant across the street and fast food and other stores within walking distance if you feel like it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We booked their finest 2 bedroom Executive Suite for 2 nights, MONTHS before arriving and therefore got a great deal. It was for Memorial Day Weekend so I knew they would sell out; thus my advanced booking... My son was flying 34 hours to join us and has severe back problems, so I wanted to make sure to have enough sleep surfaces to accommodate his needs. Upon confirming everything the night before arrival, I was told that our reservation had been changed and we were placed in a king suite with only a king sized bed but they had roll away beds. I was NOT happy but no managers or GM's were available during the whole stay! Upon our arrival at 11 pm at night; after 34 hours of flights and 3 hours of driving from the airport, we were informed that not only were we not going to be in a 2 bed room suite but we weren't even going to be in a king suite. We were put into a handicap accessible room that was very small and that there were no longer roll away beds for us because we arrived so late (which they knew in advance we were arriving late). I was livid and of course no management was available... Our two grown children slept on the floor with minimal bedding because they were sold out and ran our BUT there wasn't even any compensation offered. There wasn't another hotel room available due to holiday weekend and even if we could, they refused a refund because of late arrival. The first 2 nights were miserable to say the least and I spent the rest of my week long trip trying to get some resolution. Once I finally reached a GM, he was rude, unaccommodating and passed the buck to the general reservation line; blaming them for the error. They sent me proof that the reservation was changed at the hotel but the GM refused to take responsibility. He ended up refunding one night but that was NOTHING to me. He refused to refund the other, give me any additional points and was overall someone that I would NEVER recommend for a management position. He insisted that I had already spoke with another manager that resolved the issue but that was untrue. Not only will we never stay at this hotel, I will spread the news like the wildfire AZ is so fearful of.... AVOID THIS HOTEL TO THE FULLEST. You can get this kind of dirty, old, rundown, poorly managed, uncooperative treatment and unpredictable reservation style at the local Motel 6 and save yourself $200 per night! BTW... WE ARE ELITE MEMBERS AND THUS SUPPOSED TO BE TREATED SPECIAL! hmmmm...makes me worry about the typical joe that stops in for a stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank MichelleB1101
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Although we were a bit dissapointed the last time about the cleanliness of the room, we booked this LQ again for 3 nights. Prices were about 50$ per night higher than in september 2011. But OK, Flagstaff is a special market. We got a fairly small room in wich we found some used socks next to the bed. Coffee pads were not refilled, the napkin box was empty. Looks like the maid had a little blackout that day. At check-in the staff were also uninterested also with other guests. For the positive, the room was clean, Tv HD channels are great, breakfast is typical LQ style with lots of choice. But an improvement on the issues above would be nice.

Room Tip: Rooms with direct pool access are nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank thelasman
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our first visit to a La Quinta. Initial experience was not the best: at a busy time there was only one receptionist doing her level best to check visitors in, give information and frequently break to answer incoming phone calls. So there was quite a wait, but the lady kept her cool and we got our turn, including a good rundown of eating options within walking distance (La Quinta is a couple of miles from downtown.) These proved very useful: we can recommend the nearby "La Taverna". Room was a pleasant surprise: the more open "vestibule" space immediately on entering gave a sense of spaciousness. Breakfast was OK, but not outstanding. Check-out was efficient - no delays!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past few years, mainly because they are very pet friendly and allow you to bring your furry hiking companions along for free. Given that we have three dogs and most other hotels charge $15 per dog per night, this is a substantial saving. The property is fairly new, with relatively spacious rooms in the trademark LaQuinta layout. Nothing fancy, but the place is clean, quiet and comfortable - and there is space to walk your dog(s). The location is close to the intersection of I-17 and I-40, where there are lots of other hotels, family restaurants and even a few Flagstaff originals within walking distance (NiMarcos Pizza close by has decent pizza and a good selection of beer on tap). It is a pleasant 1.7 mile walk through the NAU campus to downtown if you want to hit the good restaurants and bars without driving.

We'll be back.

Room Tip: If you don't have a pet, stay on the upper floors. That way you can open a window at night and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple