“Clean and comfortable, great for pet owners!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel had enough parking for us and our trailer. We are traveling with two dogs which was not an issue here. They were very pet friendly. The staff was kind and professional. Breakfast was just a standard hotel breakfast nothing special. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only complaint I would have is in regards to the bathroom. The bathroom was in major need of upgrades. Our sink would not drain so water just sat in it stagnant. While in the shower the tube made popping noises under your feet so it felt like it was going to break. Otherwise great stay. Would recommend to friends an family.

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the continental breakfast. It was fresh and I had no problem waiting to make it. The noise overnight was very low. I had a very nice TV. Overall, I got what I paid for. I do wish it was a bit cheaper, though.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Wow! Not quite sure where to start. Granted, our expectations weren't super high because we had just had an amazing stay in Santa Fe and this really was just a one night stay to break up our drive back to LA. I booked on Orbitz and basically, La Quinta seemed the better alternative to some other motels on the list. When we arrived, we were pretty exhausted from all the driving. Check in process was very smooth and the guy at the front desk was lovely. No problems there. However, there was absolutely NO parking. The front desk attendant didn't seem to realize this issue as he sent us to a couple different spots to check there, but to no avail. He then said to park on the culdesac which was clearly marked with no parking signs. We tried calling him since we had already been into the lobby and lined up a couple times, but he didn't answer and later seemed overwhelmed. It appeared that quite a few people were having this same issue and were complaining as well. We ended up going to the hotel across the street and talking to their front desk attendant who kindly said we could park there. Though they seemed very nice, it did cross our minds during the course of the night, that our car may not be safe there. Anyways, not the most relaxing feeling. The lobby was very nice - the room and hallway areas not so nice. The hotel in general felt old and used and definitely in need of a facelift. I was disheartened to enter our room, especially after being so exhausted. The carpet on the floor was badly stained, the bed sheets were shredded along the top and the room was just old and tired. The walls were paper thin and we could hear the family next door and their going to bed routine. It took a while to feel relaxed enough to go to bed and I did sleep fully clothed as I was concerned about the cleanliness of the linen. Wifi also very slow - though free. Not quite sure what the alternative is - but if this hotel is ranked #6 in Flagstaff, then perhaps best to drive to Sedona or stay at the Embassy Suites for an extra bit of money. The hotel was nice and close to the highway so that's a plus, but really the negatives far outweigh the positives. The room turned out to cost $165 with tax and definitely felt like a massive rip off. In the morning, we checked out the free breakfast - your standard continental fair - no better or worse than your usual motel spread. Definitely didn't make up for the bad night's sleep. We were happy to leave. I should note that again, the morning front desk attendant was very courteous and nice when we checked out. So, personnel seems to be good it's just the facilities are shabby. Also, none of the vending machines worked and after the long drive, we just needed a bottle of water. The option was to go to the gas station at the corner, but that seemed too much as it was snowing and we were cold/tired.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelswest99
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed one night in this hotel and it is OK but nothing really special. I believe there are nicer La Quinta than this one. The room was OK but not very large, and it could have benefited from some fresh paint and fixing.
It is quiet and conveniently located to the highway. BUT it is quite far from downtown Flagstaff so you need to drive 10 mins in a road with a lot of traffic.
The staff was not very friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel had the makings of a four circle hotel. It has a perfect location near restaurants and the Interstate. It looks like most La Quinta Inns I've stayed at, and I've rated them 4 circles. However, I had to demote this one to 3 circles for several reasons: 1. The bathtub floor was stained and dirty looking. 2. Paint was coming off of the inside of the bathroom door. 3. When my husband went to open our guest room door to go out into the hallway, the door handle came off in his hands. 4. The hallways were sorely in need of vacuum cleaning. 5. The breakfast area, while it had food and beverage selections, had a filthy carpet with pieces of eggshell, wrappings, dirt, and other things on the floor. It, too, was sorely in need of vacuum cleaning. 5. The tables were not clean. I had to wipe the table clean myself. Frankly, I am quite surprised by the 4 circle award that this hotel had at its front desk.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karoleigh
A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed December 22, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

First let me say we enjoyed our stay here. It's located in an excellent spot and the front office staff are very friendly. However, the maids need to spend a little more time cleaning. There was a pill under the bathroom sink and there wasn't any caffeinated coffee. It's like they were in a hurry to get out and about. The front staff quickly responded to our needs but it should have been properly cleaned the first time.

• Stayed: December 2012