La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,298 results
All reviewswafflestraveling with petspet ownersgrand canyonpet friendly hotelhard boiled eggsallow petsfirst floorwe've stayedthe breakfast areafree breakfastclean roomsfresh fruitroom was largeroad tripdogslq
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel had the makings of a four circle hotel. It has a perfect location near restaurants and the Interstate. It looks like most La Quinta Inns I've stayed at, and I've rated them 4 circles. However, I had to demote this one to 3 circles for several reasons: 1. The bathtub floor was stained and dirty looking. 2. Paint was coming off of the inside of the bathroom door. 3. When my husband went to open our guest room door to go out into the hallway, the door handle came off in his hands. 4. The hallways were sorely in need of vacuum cleaning. 5. The breakfast area, while it had food and beverage selections, had a filthy carpet with pieces of eggshell, wrappings, dirt, and other things on the floor. It, too, was sorely in need of vacuum cleaning. 5. The tables were not clean. I had to wipe the table clean myself. Frankly, I am quite surprised by the 4 circle award that this hotel had at its front desk.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karoleigh
A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed December 22, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

First let me say we enjoyed our stay here. It's located in an excellent spot and the front office staff are very friendly. However, the maids need to spend a little more time cleaning. There was a pill under the bathroom sink and there wasn't any caffeinated coffee. It's like they were in a hurry to get out and about. The front staff quickly responded to our needs but it should have been properly cleaned the first time.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located right off the freeway, easy to find and close to lots of stores and restaurants. The price was good, the hotel clean and.nice and the staff called to check on our room. The only thing to complain about is the driveway, its super steep with our uhaul and trailer, and the la quintas I have stayed at are all very pet friendly and welcoming, this one was the least pet welcoming. They have two areas to let your dog relieve himself which is great in theory, but the area was all dirt, absolutely no lighting and.there was dog.poop everywhere. I clean up after my dogs but apparently no one else does and its like playing minesweeper to not step on poop. I would stay elsewhere for my dogs next time, but if your without four legged companions, I would stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here along a cross-country business/vacation trip for one night (Dec 1, 2012). I traveled solo with one dog. I am a Gold Member with the LQ return program.

I arrived at approximately 6-7pm and check in was very quick. I went up to my room (214) but the carpet was still wet (they had washed it that day) and it had a cat-urine smell. I thought if I turned on the heat (it was cold in Arizona!) and went to take my dog out/bring the last of the luggage in, it would dissipate. But, when I came back, the smell was slightly worse and I started to get a little paranoid that my belongings would begin to smell so I called down to the front desk and the moved me immediately to the next room over (212). This room was much better with no smell and it seemed very clean to me.

The room was spacious with a large king size bed and two windows that opened to the parking lot. The furniture seemed a little old but everything worked and looked ok. The bath tub was a little dingy looking but I took a bath and it was fine. The bed was very comfortable. The noise from the hallway was moderate...obviously I had a dog with me, so I understand that dogs will sometimes bark with noise but I know someone in my hall had left their dog unattended and it barked for about 20-30 minutes straight. It does not bother me too much if I am not trying to sleep, so I just turned the TV up.

Breakfast was the usual LQ variety...waffles, cereal, apples, bread, etc. It is free, so it is appreciated! Parking was adequate and I felt very safe. The dog run area is a little scarce but I walked up the street a bit and my dog was fine.

Everyone was friendly. I would stay here again...but it was slightly pricier than I would expect for this type of room.

Room Tip: 212 was fine...I am sure 214 would be ok once the carpet dries :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo