“Wow!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed October 25, 2011

What a huge room they gave us and we overlooked the pool. Lots of space, a good sized computer table, enough comfy chairs for us and a king sized bed, which was very supportive. Large, clean bathroom, microwave and fridge plus the usual coffee maker. Loved this place!
And the breakfast the next morning was delicious and plentiful too. The receptionist Lauren was really calm as it was a very busy night!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stayed here overnight before going to the Grand Canyon. Easy to get to from the Flagstaff Airport. Close to Walmart where we could get supplies for our trip. Breakfast was good - waffles, toast, cereal, muffins, juice, hard boiled eggs, milk, coffee, etc. Nice breakfast area. Clean room - nice bedding. Inside doors to rooms. We called to let them know we would be arriving late When we arrived they had our registration ready and went straight to our room which after 8 hours of travel was priceless! Close to restaurants and downtown Flagstaff. Dogs are allowed. Not sure if this hotel has them but other hotels in the area offer coupons in travel magazines at the visitors centers. Savings can be up to $30 for certain days of the week so worth checking into if traveling by car through the area. We made our hotel reservations before flying in so we did not have this option.

1  Thank 3ThreeToGo
Reviewed October 16, 2011

In my cross-country trip (I'm moving from Sonoma County California to Knoxville, Tennessee) I chose La Quinta as my first choice in hotels wherever I stayed.

Several reasons factored into the stay. Since I would be travelling 10 hours a day, I wanted a hotel where I KNEW that the beds would be top quality, the rooms clean, free wi-fi to keep my family and business associates updated, reasonable prices and a breakfast.

This was my first visit at this particular Flagstaff property and I was not disappointed.

After 10 hours on the road, the jacuzzi and pool were more than a welcomed substitute for a massage. I was very relaxed and subsequently had a wonderful night's sleep, the room was very clean, quiet, the bed was WONDERFUL and the staff friendly.

The property was lacking in only two areas that deserve a rating remark but would not deter me from staying here: the quality of breakfast choices -- the only egg entree was a boiled egg, and there were so many guests at breakfast that the line to make a waffle was nearly a 15 minute wait. The second remark concerns the lack of spaces for RV or moving van parking (I had to park on the street).

Other than that, it was a relaxing night in the pines and a place I would definitely consider should I book a pleasure stay in the Flagstaff area.

Thank you La Quinta!

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We rented two rooms and stayed there for 2 nights. Our rooms are nice, complete and quiet. I tried the wifi on my nook and it works just fine. It was a very restful stay and the location is close to i17 and i40, nau, mcdonalds (under renovation), starbucks, walmart and the sizzler. I must say that this seems to be a great hub for folks traveling to the grand canyon. We do not have pets with us so I can't comment on this. I appreciate the brightside breakfast. However, husband is in search of something more (bacon?) so it wasn't that satifsying for him. Overall, I would recommend La Quinta and would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Have stayed here several times, the last being late May 2011. They were doing construction, so our suite was unavailable, and they substituted two adjoining rooms. This was acceptable, though having previously stayed in a suite here, was a little disappointed. The location here is great, off the major streets, with lots of places to walk the dog. Staff has alway been very good to us here. Only minor complaint would be when bus tours spend the night, and in the morning there are 50 people all making breakfast at the same time.
Close enough to town and major freeways. Easy drive from here to Grand Canyon and back if so inclined.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the breakfast area, as the waffle machine noise (beep-beep-beep) will wake you up i...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KennethT
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel is a very decent hotel. The breakfast guy was very friendly and helpful. Do wish they offered instant chocolate (hot or cold) to make for kiddos. The only complaint I have is that the hotel towels were very rough and scratchy. I wouldn't expect this in a hotel where one pays $100 plus/night. Thus, I hope they can ask the laundry people to add some fabric softener to the wash as we will be coming back. If not for the towels being super scratchy, I would have given this hotel 4 stars.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

The room was large, clean, and quiet. A lovely, comfortable room. Breakfast was very good, also.