“Great Experience!”

Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Houston, Texas
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

As usual Residence Inn by Marriott is the best..very good price for a great experience..very nice and big queen studio with furnished kitchen, microwave and refrigerator..simply perfect if you have a child. Very kind staff, outstanding and fresh complimentary breakfast. The hotel is slightly out of Flagstaff, so out of traffic and noise, the neighborhood is ok, not many place where to eat (only fast food), but if you have the car you can drive 5 min and be in the center of Flagstaff and enjoy several restaurants. We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Seattle
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed at this property for three nights. Quiet environment, nice staff, convenient location but furniture is old. Good for family who prefers cooking to dining out. I felt a little overpriced compared to the other residence inns. Updating is needed soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Wrightwood, California
Reviewed September 21, 2011

There is not much surprise here. Decor was last updated 1996. Furnishing looked tired and bed sagged a little after 15 years (oven has knobs like appliances in the 70's!.) However, it is generally well kept and maintained. Room is spacious with a fully equipped kitchen (oven, microwave, dishwasher, dishes, silverware, pots and pans) which is convenient.

The breakfast was the same fare almost everyday of our 3-week stay. I was bored after 3 days and got so sick of it after a week. They do have social hours with drinks and food in the evenings on Tues-Thurs. Although the food's nothing to rave about.

Pool's clean and jacuzzi's great. Gym is tiny but machines are pretty new. There's coin laundry on site. Housekeeping lady's a little grouchy.

Wired internet only in room. Wi-fi in the lobby only. There's a printer and a computer for guest use, if your needs are really basic (just internet browser and some Microsoft Office.) I tried to scan some documents and I have to wait for the managers to do it, and they don't come to the property everyday.

The saving grace, the staff are very friendly and helpful. Location is close to freeways and a Safeway, minutes to downtown Flagstaff for eats etc.

Oh, I have one more grumble: there's no caffeine free beverages offered for breakfast. Luckily I brought my own tea bags and hot chocolate packs!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of property are quiet and away from pool/road, from Block 5 to 10 (I think.)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Nothing to see here, move along. I'd give it 2.5 stars if I could, but am dropping it down to 2 for the weak staff. Serviceable enough place to stay for a family weekend (we were in for a kids' soccer tournament) -- reasonably kid-friendly and clean enough. Studio room was decent size, with kitchen area and L-shaped sofa. Everything could just use a fresh coat of paint/cleaning. Front desk staff was never at the front desk the three times we were there, and always seemed irritated to have to answer questions or do any "work". Requested wake-up call never came. They just do all the little things wrong -- like having flavored creamers for coffee at breakfast, but removing them during the day so you can't take a couple back to your room for your in-room coffee.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank brachtun
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Never again will I ever stay here. Marriott should remove this place from their chain. I am rather loyal to the Marriott brand, but I failed to check review of this place. Well, that was my mistake.

The room was large, the kitchen unused but looked okay. But the place is old, not updated at all, no elevators (and we were on the 2nd floor!), carpet worn, toilet backed up, just too many more things.

Breakfast was maybe the best but rather standard fare. I got the feeling there are a lot of people living at this hotel; it is large.

Mr. Marriott would not want to stay here. He needs to know, believe me!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank TN_Girl40
Largo, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2011

As I headed west with my family the Residence Inn's got better and better. Flagstaff definitely was a great spot. Not only is the town and surrounding areas nice but the layout of the grounds was great as well. The crew was friendly with out having to try and took care of my needs. The facilities were immaculate and inviting and the room was just fine. I would love to return here if I get the chance. One note that should be mentioned is that the sales manager went around checking on people during breakfast in a way over the top friendly manner (most old folks love this but it makes me roll my eyes). Anyway when he approached my table he said hello asked how it was going and held out his hand, naturally I interpreted this to be a handshake gesture. I was incorrect in my thinking because as I extended my hand to shake his he removed it rather quickly with a teeny tiny hint of disgust and then finally indicated why he stuck out hand which was to remove some old plates and bowls from the table. I would recommend to the sales manager to indicate his intentions before making a confusing gesture. A few minutes later another staff member pulled out some kids stuff and was an instant hit with my kids reenforcing my opinion of the skilled and friendly staff. Also I would have liked to have wireless internet access in the rooms as well as an optional hard wire hookup. You could only get wireless if you were in the lobby.

Room Tip: A great place to stay in an awesome area!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Over the years staying at this brand, I come to notice that their "queen" bed is not a queen bed. I have a queen bed at home. my wife came along with me this trip and we noticed immediately that the queen is not really a queen!
Beyond that everything is good. We stayed in the 2br suite for more room. Front desk cordial. Breakfast , evening reception OK. Food quality is very poor, but most of these extended stay properties all fall in the same realm. Not handicapped accessible

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business