“You get what you pay for!”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #49 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Well, I read the other reviews and thought we hit a great bargain. Reviews were great and the price was under $45 a night. Wow! Well, as the title says....you get what you pay for. It was OK at best. The furnishings including bedspread were quite used. The bed was very worn out. I prefer a firm mattress, but this mattress was very, very soft and almost felt spongy. There was a big gap under the door and I'm sure bugs could easily come in. I didn't find any, but it worried me. It could be nice with a paint job and new mattresses. The door opened without the card key at first. That scared me. After playing with it a bit, it needed the card key to get in. The pool was clean and had warm water. The breakfast was simple with coffee, donuts, cereal, toast, and you could make a waffle. We thought there was a "stain" on the bathroom wall, but didn't touch it to be sure. Again, maybe some paint would have help solve that mystery. There were a couple of young guys who stayed the night and made a mess in the parking lot. The management did clean it up. That's something that you can't control. People can be pigs sometimes. I can't blame that on the hotel. If all you want is a place to shower and sleep for a night, it's probably fine, but don't expect it to be the Hilton or even the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 19, 2010

Arrived late after an 11 hour flight and a long drive up from Phoenix, ready to just crash out. Check-in was quick and efficient, we were given a large king room overlooking the pool. Room was fine, clean and in good condition. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was a little unimaginative - donuts, waffles and toast. Juice and coffee were good, bananas were black unfortunately! But for the price it was absolutely fine, and breakfast was enough to keep hunger pangs at bay for a few hours. An early-morning dip in the pool would have been nice, but it's locked until 9am. Not a big problem though.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2010

This hotel was very clean and an excellent price too!! The staff was friendly and helpful-the room was quiet and the breakfast was great!! It really helped make our vacation an awesome time!! We stayed 4 nights and have not one complaint!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2010

First of all, this is a "value" hotel, sitting on a row of a lot of other "value" hotels. On the positive side, for the rate of under 50.00, there was a fridge, coffee maker and breakfast included in the rate. On the average size was fairly clean room with no mold, old paint or several things dirty. On the not so good side was the very dirty phone (I used a clorox clean up towelette and it was heavily soiled when done) and the management that let a rather large, very loud and rather intimidating group of guests tailgate party (in the parking lot right in front of the rooms) all Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Saturday night. They even had a pop-up canopy and a stereo Saturday night! After putting up with it for one night and when it continued through the next night, I called the front desk. They said that it was a baseball team and that they wouldn't do anything about it until 10 PM....Well, it lasted well after 10PM. As a single traveler, it was intimidating to have to walk through the group of drinking and partying guests. I will not stay at this motel again for that very reason. I don't see how any motel or hotel management would let that occur in thier parking lot. A group of rowdy, drunk people is a liability in my book.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank DogLadee
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Average motel, along a street with lots of other average motels. Clean, safe, comfortable, all the usual things in an average motel. Price was good. The breakfast buffet is a bit below average, but I peaked in at the motel across the way and they had the same selection. Cracker Barrell close by. Denny's down the way. Very small pool. All along the freeway. I was on the other side. Didn't hear freeway noise. I'd go here again, or to any of the other cookie cutter hotels in this area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Dawn52
Reviewed June 12, 2010

The rooms were okay, what I would have expected from a older hotel...but, when we came back from dinner there were about 25 people having a party in the hotel parking lot 30 feet from our rooms. This hoe down lasted from about 9:30 untill 12:30. I complained to the front desk but the girl was incompetent. She said she would have the manager call us...he never did. Thats what you get when you have a 17 year old behind the desk. Anyway, I have never written a review on a hotel before - I was so aggravated that I felt I had to on this one. SKIP THE HO -JO!!!!!!!! P.S. The "buffet " stunk-we went to Dennys!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jjojo0
Reviewed June 4, 2010

This hotel was AWESOM clean rooms great things in room,comfortable bed,free internet,free breakfast,friendly houskeeping and front desk lady was nice as hell! The overall hotel was in great shape! I'd come back to this place again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family