“Serves its purpose”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #51 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed May 20, 2010

The title says it all - nothing fancy about this place, but nothing horrible either. It's a room to stop over in. The location is very convenient - easy access to the interstate and easy to get to Old Flagstaff, which is a good place to head for a meal and walking around. Despite being right off of the highway, I found it quiet enough for sleeping. Decent value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank pkitty

Reviewed May 13, 2010

We will deffinately be staying at the HoJo on Lucky Lane in Flagstaff again. We priced several other nearby motels that night and ended up at the HoJo which was extrememly reasonable, especially compared to what the other places were asking. We were very pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and spaciousness of our room. There was even a cute little desk and chair that fit out of the way into a corner. Our bed was very comfortable and the area was nice and quiet so we got a good night's sleep. Plus it is within walking distance to an Outback Steakhouse and a Cracker Barrel. We stay in Flagstaff occasionaly and now we have found our 'go to' place!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Arrived about 2 hours before check in time. They checked to make sure the room had been cleaned and allowed me to check in. Walked into my room and was amazed at how clean it was! Second surprise was how quiet it was inside. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, traffic noise is usually an issue for me, but not here. Finally got a decent nights sleep. The only issue I found is that there was no outlet near the table. It's not a huge deal, just made for limited time on the laptop. And that's the ONLY issue I had! A big THANK YOU to the people who run this motel!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank yardboz
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Our room here was one of the nicest of our one-week trip. The rate was about $25 less than the three other economy motels I called (Saturday night stay) so I didn't know what to expect. But besides having to take a second-floor room (it was about 8 when we arrived), we were quite pleased. Smooth internet connection, decent breakfast, clean room, good heat. There was a lot of snow during the night, but the parking lot was plowed by around 9-9:30 the next morning. And the motel is close to the freeway. All in all, a great choice.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveljule
Reviewed December 24, 2009

A pretty typical motel. The room was very clean, smelled fine, and the front desk people were nice. Breakfast was okay but not great.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank _aesacus
Reviewed November 18, 2009

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The free breakfast is very nice and the hotel offers free wi-fi. It is a basic room, but it is very clean and comfortable. I am extremely pleased for the price paid!! Great value! Conveniently located to Sedona (drive is beautiful), Grand Canyon, and many other area attractions.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank gidgetsemporium
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I paid $86 for two nights. AARP rate again. I did a motorcycle trip from Austin to Sedona, and, tightwad that I am, I'm not paying an arm and a leg for some place to crash. Hey, this Hojo has a hair dryer! That should make the ladies happy, but I know it won't. I got a king bed...a helluva lot softer than the two Motel 6s I stayed in the previous two nights, and the pillows were softer, too. And free breakfast! Yeah, you know what Hojo has...but it's *free*. You want a big breakfast? Go down the street a couple of blocks and eat at Denny's, and pay. It's off-season, too, so there were no stupid noisy tourists (there were still a bunch in Sedona, though). There was a bit of traffic noise, but with the fan going, you don't hear it. Plenty of hot water, too. And free wifi. The housekeeper cleaned my room nicely, and all my stuff was still there. I have no complaints. (Oh...if you find the wifi slow, which I didn't, just leech off the Super 8 next door.)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo