“Overnight stay August 31, 2013”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #50 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was very disappointed in the appearance of the place and room. The room had a musty smell; cooler was difficult to operate; lighting was poor; My reservation was incorrect and I had to pay extra for a 3rd adult when my reservation was for 1 room with 2 queen size beds for 3 adults ( advertised limited 4).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Howard johnson ... l, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We will take this into consideration. Depending on how you booked your reservation, (i.e., Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, etc.,) the rate you see is usually just for a double occupancy, 2 adults. And it does say that on their websites, just look in the fine print, and it will tell you that there may be additional charges, also. So we do charge extra per additional adult, per night, as well as pets. We hope you enjoyed your stay, overall. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane

Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel is clean. Room was nice. The worst part of this room was that we were given a smoking room. Front desk tried to help by giving us some spray to get rid of the smell, but it did not work to eliminate all of the odor. On the plus side the breakfast had a good assortment with waffles, pastries, bagels, cereal, coffee and juice. I would give this hotel a higher rating if the smoking rooms and nonsmoking rooms were on different floors or on opposite sides of the hotel. When I got home my trunk and suite case still smelled of smoke.

Room Tip: Request a nonsmoking room!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. We will take this into consideration. We hope you enjoyed your stay, overall. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Blackout curtains did not keep light out. Coffee pot in the room needs to be replaced. The free breakfast food was awful. Coffee with breakfast was good. Staff was friendly and helpful. Not enough parking.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This HoJo is in a good location and the rooms are spacious, if a bit dated. The close competition keeps the price very favorable, but if you are traveling with a pet be aware that there will be a non-refundable extra charge of $15. Something Expedia did not bother to mention when I reserved and paid for the room.

Room Tip: The arrangement of the motel gives the option of being back away from I-40. Rooms there are quieter...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple