“summer visit”

Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This HoJo is in a good location and the rooms are spacious, if a bit dated. The close competition keeps the price very favorable, but if you are traveling with a pet be aware that there will be a non-refundable extra charge of $15. Something Expedia did not bother to mention when I reserved and paid for the room.

Room Tip: The arrangement of the motel gives the option of being back away from I-40. Rooms there are quieter...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard johnson ... l, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We will take this into consideration. We hope you enjoyed your stay, overall. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Almere, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Room, clean, enough space, nice pool, breakfast is good only the space (tables and chairs) is a little small, a lot of people standing. But further a nice OK!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your comments. We will take this into consideration. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, overall. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Peoria
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recently stayed here with my husband and two kids ages 1 & 7. The hotel itself was decent and ok for our overnight stay. I do think the cost was a little pricey for what you got. I had two issues though. The bath tub in our room was damaged with a lump of cracked plaster where a hole might have been. It looked like someone tried to fix it but did not succeed. Having a 1 year old child she needed to sit in the bath tub but I was unable to allow her to do that due to the sharp edges. I now know to always check the bath tub in any hotel before I unload/unpack everything. Also, there was one ice machine located next to the office and vending machine. There was a huge sign taped to it stating "the ice is for the bucket you are given in your room and not to fill your coolers. Your credit card will be charged $5.00 if you use the ice machine to fill your coolers." So I was afraid to fill my bucket more than once because I had no idea how they were determining this. Plus I think $5.00 is a little steep for ice!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Check-inn was quick and easy, the room was clean and well equipped (coffeemaker, fridge etc.). Breakfast was ok, overall it was absolutely worth the price. The only downside was the check-out: I felt like I was a nuisance to the receptionist. Sorry for existing and asking for a receipt... seriously, if you can't handle customer service, go get another job. It's not that I was rude or had any crazy requests.
Anyway, it didn't affect me much and the hotel itself wasn't bad at all :).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business