“Great Value”

Ranked #47 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed July 22, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Howard johnson ... l, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Flagstaff I-40 East Lucky Lane, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed in a lot of hotels within this price range whilst recently on holiday in USA. This hotel was probably my lease favourite. The facilities were on par, great size room, two big beds, I think the roomed smelled of a unpleasant hotel smell and that's what put me off.
To later find - hard bit of chorizo on the top of spare bed, with added crumbs, was the final nail in coffin, but I do think this was an oversight as it blended with the patterned bedding.
We were only staying one night, arrived late and left early - so it did the job.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your comments. We will take this into consideration. We hope you enjoyed your stay overall, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went to this location, and wanted to know if you could drop our trailer in the lot so that we could drive up to the Grand Canyon. The clerk at the desk didn't want to listen to me and said that she would charge me $15 to check in early.After she understood what I wanted to do she let me drop the trailer. We then arrive later that day to find a different clerk at the check in desk and when she said that I didn't tell them how many people we had so she had to charge me $22 more. I said that I clearly stated how many people we had and she said do you know what your problem is. and then proceeded to tell me what problem I had with booking online. I was fuming by that point and became rude myself. The clerks are very rude and want to charge for everything. The room was nice, but not at all worth what we paid for it. The breakfast wasn't kept up so everything was gone and the tables were dirty by the time we arrived to eat. I will never visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. We will take this into consideration. We apologize if our front desk clerks were rude to you. We do have a check in time of 3 pm due to housekeeping still cleaning, so any earlier check in, there is a fee. Depending on how you booked your reservation, the rate they show you online is only for double occupancy, 2 adults. So if there are more adults than what the reservation says, we do charge an additional amount because they are also using our amenities. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Traveling thru Arizona with a one night stop in Flagstaff, for the money this is a good bet. Convenient right off the freeway, dated but very clean. Check in was a breeze with a follow up phone call to make sure everything was all right.

Negatives, a slightly noisy window a/c unit, but it works great. The bathroom is dated so no real counter space. But for one night who cares.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

A Wyndham traveler